We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
13 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

I need to know which car rental agencies are within walking distance of the Playa del Carmen passenger ferry terminal. I'm going in July and I want to book in advance.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

blueway is pretty much right there.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
13 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

Thanks! They seem a bit expensive though, compared to some of the other agencies. But I can't tell how close the other companies are to the ferry.

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
776 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

Easyway is just to the left behind senor frogs. You can also walk up to 10th Ave, go to the left to the strip mall. Budget and Hertz are both there. There's a little know car rental at "Homy's tours". I rented from him. Worked out very well

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

well if you walk a few blocks in either direction youll also come across isis car rental, thrifty and budget as well. isis on calle 4 between 10 and 15 ave, budget on 10 ave by the entrance to playacar, and thrity is in there somewhere.

i believe all three come in between 50-65 usd/day with all insurance (for a vw gol or a tsuru or similar small car).

Edited: 15 April 2014, 21:47
Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
13 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

That's great, it gives me some solid choices. Much appreciated.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,191 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

http://www.rentadoraisis.com.mx/352.html

I'm familiar with Margarita from Isis on Cozumel..hopefully one of the regulars will come past and maybe comment on the PDC location.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 22:34
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,078 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

Another vote for ISIS. In Playa it is managed by the owners nephew and , as in Cozumel, you can count on reliable , honest service at good prices. Highly recommended.

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
13 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

Thanks everyone for all your help. I'll email Isis and check on those rates.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

just a heads up....i emailed isis twice and didnt get a response.

so i walked to there the morning i wanted to pick up. no one in the store front. the guy was across the street in a little yard washing the car. so check there if theres no one at the little cubby at the Tucan.

and he only had the one car there but luckily it was the one i wanted (vw gol)

while youre waiting, go across the street to the new little juice bar. go for the green juice its delicious!

10. Re: Car rental companies near the Playa ferry teminal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 06:17