We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Del Carmen dinner help

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
783 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Del Carmen dinner help

Is there an open air restaurant. On the beach or Beach view. Live music. In Playa Del Carmen? Do I need reservations? This will be my 5th trip to area and I am finally determined to go to Playa but am hopelessly uninformed. Celebrating with small group of three so a lively friendly place would be perfect. Thanks.

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Del Carmen dinner help

Fusion meets your description. No reservations required. OT3 will have the most excellent ideas once he awakes and sees your message. We used some of his suggestions last trip and enjoyed each of them. Have a great trip.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
415 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Del Carmen dinner help

Wah Wah's serves food and is on the beach. I think they have live music Wed through Sun nights? The best nights are Thursday and Saturday nights when the Nasty Bastards play. They are located at Calle 2 and the beach. Its more of a casual place.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Del Carmen dinner help

The Fusion Hotel, 6 Calle & the beach, has live bands every day. The bands may be Salsa, Blues, Reggae or Rock n Roll. They face the beach, so most chairs and tables are on the beach. The chairs are low slung wooden chairs with a padded seat. Cocktail tables are adequate and the right height for drinking and eating. The clientele is all over the place age wise, but I'd say mid 40's dominate. Their hamburger may be the best in Playa and folks rave about the chicken nachos. This is very good pub grub, not fine dining. Fireshow between 10 and 10:30 weather permitting. Ernest Hemingway would feel very comfortable with the ambiance.

Wah Wah's Beach Bar just south of 2 Calle would be another great place. The bands are a little louder and more raucous. Bands play Wed thru Sat night, and JJ's band is always popular.

It's not uncommon for my posse to hit both places in the same night. Bad Boys is in between them and worth checking out as well. The Calles run on even numbers so Wah Wah's is only 2 blocks south of the Fusion. Almost every bar and restaurant in Playa has an open air section. The problem is choosing one, so many choices.

4. Re: Playa Del Carmen dinner help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:16