We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running Path Near Azul Fives?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
464 posts
303 reviews
Save Topic
Running Path Near Azul Fives?

Good morning,

Our group will be staying at Azul Fives this week and I'm wondering if it's worth packing my running shoes. Can anyone tell me if there's a running path or safe area near the hotel to run? Any help would be appreciated.

On a different note, I'd love recommendations on good, authentic Mexican restaurants. We'll be away during my husband's birthday and I'm hoping to find a special place for dinner. It doesn't necessarily have to be fancy or close to the resort, but we'd like great Mexican food. I've already searched through the forum and the FAQs section, but thought I could get additional suggestions.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen
The Fives Azul Beach...
7,834 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
464 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

Bump

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

I stayed at the Azul Sensatori and was told do not walk the path as there were crocodiles all over that area. Would go to other hotels to pick up people and they had signs posted all over the place do not go beyond such a point as there are crocodiles. Not sure how far Azul Five is from the Azul Sensatori.

Mentioned in this post
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Cancun
Azul Beach Resort...
10,277 Reviews
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

There is no running path near the hotel. You "could" run on the road down past the Princess resorts, even this way out to the highway, it's about 2km down to where the road turns out to the highway and another km out to the highway, it is just dirt near Azul Fives but there are some side walks but you would mostly be on the side of the road, it is as safe as you can make it and the traffic is usually not that bad, but you would have to judge. Go to street view in google earth and see what you think , the views are pretty much the way it is today. I walk from El Cielo near the Princess resorts on this road down to the beach.

There will be people running on the beach early in the AM and IMO beach running is pretty good here.

As far as restaurants, you will have to go to Playa.

Mentioned in this post
The Fives Azul Beach...
7,834 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
464 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

Thank you, both, for your responses. Based on your comments, I'll probably stick to running on the beach.

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

You will get plenty of exercise walking the grounds at the resort. I think my feet still hurt, and we were there last Dec.

Kidding. The resort is large. lots of walking.

A cab ride into PDC should only be about ten minutes, maybe 15 as it is a ways from the resort, to the highway and the road had pothole galore.

Very nice suites there.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

Just read the "other" post by skira.... Azul Sensatori is no where near Azul Fives , so no need to worry about crocs.

Mentioned in this post
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Cancun
Azul Beach Resort...
10,277 Reviews
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
The Fives Azul Beach...
7,834 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

Depending on how far you want to run, we saw plenty of people running around the resort as the walkways are ideal for running. Amazing hotel we loved it.

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

Hi Tie_dye_guy, are you an owner in El Cielo, we just went under contract there!

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

bump

New Jersey
Level Contributor
464 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Running Path Near Azul Fives?

Hi everyone. We just got back last night. Thank you, all, for your responses. I wound up running on the beach (and taking several long walks) and it was great. I love a beach that goes on for miles.

Stay tuned for a trip report and reviews... :)