We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

Hillsborough, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

I've heard of a couple people talking about cliff jumping into cenotes. I'm looking to find somewhere fairly close to playa del Carmen where we can go cliff jumping. Does anyone know the name of any spots we can go? How tall is the jump? Higher the better! Ha. Also curious if there is a admission involved. We don't necessarily want to do a whole expensive theme park as we are on somewhat of a budget, would rather just jump and swim somewhere although all information is welcomed.

thanks for eeveryone's time

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,828 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

The Azul cenote just south of Puerto Aventuras is inexpensive and close, just take the colectivo there. The cliff is about 15 to 20 ft high. That water is crystal clear. It is an open air cenote, not a cave.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,265 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

El Jardines del Eden has a fairly good cliff for jumping, higher than Azul's- but it's not that high, maybe 15 or so feet I would guess? (Eden is pretty much right next door to Cenote Azul, almost right across from Puerto Aventuras.)

Edit: I thought Azul was at most about 12 feet...I am pretty sure Eden's is higher, 15-20. Maybe?? haha

Make sure you look carefully before you jump; scuba divers enter and exit the underground cave system directly below where the cliff is.

Edited: 29 April 2014, 20:53
Connecticut
Level Contributor
445 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

Old Traveler thanks your Posts are so helpful

Connecticut
Level Contributor
445 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

How far is this from Play Del Carmen?

Hillsborough, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

Thanks for your suggestions. How would I get to El jardines del eden? Do you think I can tell a cab to take me there and they would know where to go? Thanks

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,828 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

I dove Rissask, and it felt about 15 ft. I didn't measure anything. I do remember it was quite inexpensive, kind of small and very beautiful.

Ah, The Garden of Eden will cost about 500 pesos round trip. A colectivo will be about 60 pesos round trip per person.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,265 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

That's cool, OT, maybe I was underestimating how high the one in Negril was that I jumped off. :) I thought it was about 25 feet and it was way higher than Azul or el Eden....maybe it was higher yet! :-0

(haha, usually it's men who are not good at estimating lengths of things.... ;) )

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

If you jumped at ricks cafe in Jamaica its about 35-40 feet from the tallest point.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

Lol Rissask!!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,265 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cliff Jumping. Anyone know any spots?

hee hee ;)

Jiffer- Nope, not at Rick's, didn't make it there- it was at Xtabi. :) It sure FELT high!