We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home last night boo. ? About buying timeshare

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
396 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Home last night boo. ? About buying timeshare

We got home late last night to MN after a gorgeous week at The Riu Playacar. I prefer the palaces but with kids this was a great option. It's rainy and 44* F here and I'm crabby. So my question is about timeshares, I know not to buy one direct and there are a ton of people trying to get rid of theirs. Where might one look to find such people and what are the pitfalls and things to watch out for? I'd like to get one at an all inclusive similar to Riu Palace or higher. Do they exist or are the only options cheaper places? I just need to be able to get away from this crappy weather more often!

calgary
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Home last night boo. ? About buying timeshare

This page purports to give a list of legitimate TS resale sites. tug2.net/timeshare_advice/frequently_mention…

The supply of timeshare resales greatly exceeds the demand since the demand for new timeshares is created artificially by high pressure sales tactics. As a resale buyer you will be poised to take advantage of that fact.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
599 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home last night boo. ? About buying timeshare

We bought a Palace Resort membership privately from a member and then we were told that if we refer our friends & family we would not get the free weeks, the previous member would because he invested money in the resort. So we bought our own membership and had his membership combined into ours. I know that a lot of people go to TUG2 or you can check Ebay. You can also google the hotel resort that you want to buy a timeshare from. For example since we are palace members, I would good palace resorts membership for sale.

Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Home last night boo. ? About buying timeshare

Do a google search for anything timeshare related. Redweek.com is a secondary timeshare market.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
450 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home last night boo. ? About buying timeshare

Something to keep in mind. I researched this myself a few months ago and the main problem is that generally even if you buy a time share to an all inclusive, you still have to pay the "all inclusive fee" per day when you book your weeks, which could be a good deal or not a good deal compared to just booking a week at the hotel during a sale.

5. Re: Home last night boo. ? About buying timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:16