We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Playa del Carmen

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Playa del Carmen

can someone tell me what kind of coffee makers do they have in the rooms? Do they have any kind of Yoga or Aerobic classes?

Montoursville, PA
Level Contributor
709 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

Smaller regular coffee makers. We never used ours as we ordered coffee from room service every morning. Got it quicker than I could make my own! Not sure about the classes...we usually do quite a bit of walking vs. classes.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

thanks, what room did you have? Did you pick your room prior to your trip? We have two ocean view rooms. Would like to know any rooms feed back. Thanks :)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

You will be able to pick your own room online since you have oceanview rooms 48 hours prior to your departure date. We have visited the resort twice. Stayed in the building next to the main pool. Once on the 3rd floor, once on the ground floor. We loved both but the ground floor room was very convenient especially for bathroom use during the day. You'll love this resort. We will be back in August for the 3rd time

Montoursville, PA
Level Contributor
709 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

We were in 238 ocean view and it was amazing! Trip report located here: playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/69397-roya…

We did use 48 hour checkin , we had been preassigned this room. I didn't find anything else available that I was interested in as this one was perfect! 48 hour check-in is nice because you can see the view from all of the rooms whether they're available or not and you can get prices for upgrades. Email in advance and they may be able to help you get a selection you wish for.

Texas
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

Don't forget to try the Coffee House for coffee as well...I talked to several travelers who didn't know it was there until the end of their trip. It stays open until 11:00 PM and they will let you take treats to go (the coconut ice cream is a must).

As far as the rooms go we were in oceanview #901 last year and loved it. We didn't want to face the main pool so this was a nice compromise while still having a direct oceanview. You really can't go wrong...have a great trip!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

thanks, room service menu, my daughter would like to know!

New City, New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

Hey pamski6 would you happen to know an email address for the royal playa del carmen? I'm going in august I wanted to try and request a room

WOODSTOCK
Level Contributor
34 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

They have small coffee makers in the room, make sure you use the bottled water to make your coffee. The best coffee is at the coffee shop. There is a Starbucks on 5th ave about 2 blocks from the Royal, we hit that most mornings. There is a main courtyard off the lobby where they do shows and music, if want to see and hear everything get a room on the courtyard, if you want it more quiet get one that doesn't face the courtyard.

WOODSTOCK
Level Contributor
34 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

go to the Royal's website you can contact them there.

10. Re: Royal Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16