We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and clubs... busier nights than others? ever empty?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hillsborough, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bars and clubs... busier nights than others? ever empty?

we will be in Playa del Carmen for 10 days. We are curious if any nights at the bars and clubs are busier than other nights? Are there any nights where the clubs/bars feel empty? We don't want to go out on for example a Tuesday night if there's not gonna be a decent amount of other people at the clubs. thanks for any insight. We are mainly planning on going to Mandala and Palazzo

Sayulita, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and clubs... busier nights than others? ever empty?

It depends on the mood but useally the bars dont fill up until very late.But during low season dont expect it to be like things are between jan-april.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,053 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and clubs... busier nights than others? ever empty?

Most week days are moderate, the weekends do seem a little busier, the crowd starts coming about 11pm but really doesn't get going 'till near mid-nite.

Chicago
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and clubs... busier nights than others? ever empty?

I just got back yesterday from a week down there, I found the bars to be pretty dead. Maybe others are more in the know but it was wierd a place that was dead one night would be decent another. as others have said bars will probably be dead until like at least 1am probably later. For earlier night stuff Ruffino on some nights seemed to be pretty cool. I stopped in there because there were like 30 women and one guy, liked the ratio in there, I think it was a Tuesday night around 10

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,929 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars and clubs... busier nights than others? ever empty?

You might want to give Mandala's a miss - tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k742794…

5. Re: Bars and clubs... busier nights than others? ever empty?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17