We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

After 11 trips, I started to realize how important the bars are to me, LOL. I guess it really wasn't until we visited Iberostar Tucan, that I realized how boring a place could actually be for us, if there weren't good bars! If you don't like the twin lobby bars at this place - you are pretty much out of luck. The beach/pool bar has NO stools -- you order your drink, get it and leave --- and the swim up bar is in a small pool all on it's own. I really wanted to like that bar/pool -- but I just never did. It didn't get a lot of sun, so it was often cold -- and it was either boring - or too busy, never any happy medium. And if it was at all busy -- there were NOT enough stools or space. Plus the water was too darn deep.

Best places for bars, on the other hand...

1. VIM

2. Golden Parnassus

3 Temptation

4 El Dorado Royale

5 RIU Caribe

6 RIU Yucatan

7 Palladium

8 Reef Club --- Actually, the bars were one of the best things about the resort, the food being the worst, and the shape that the place was in was bad (pools, hallways, rooms)

I've heard that its been remodeled and is better. The bartender was awesome when we were there - but NOBODY that stayed there ever really hung out -- day or night. I think this resort is one where people stay AI so they can get breakfast and stuff when they'll be around -- but for the most part, they are off in Playa or on excursions.

What AI's did you think had the best bars -- swim up and otherwise?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
672 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

The VIM is up there for sure.

Gran Porto Real, Great beach bar.

Liked the RIU Caribe and RIU Cancun

Golden Crown Paradise in Puerto Vallarta..

We've stayed at over 30 some AI's and these few do stand out.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

So was the Gran Porto Real a good resort, all around? Not too many kids?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
672 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

We love the Gran Porto. I know some people don't because of the beach, but it's not bad. A minute walk to the Royal next door and the beach is much better. We've stayed there 10 times and love the resort., Awesome staff, nice smaller size. sure there are some kids but we've never seen to many. It's hard to beat the location, a 2 minute walk to 5th ave. We keep going back 'cause we have many friends there now!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

Best AI bar I have encountered is the adults only swim up beachfront jacuzzi bar at the Omni Cancun

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

Valentin Imperial Maya for sure and Secrets Silver Sand (ultra modern). That's all I remember even though we have been to 15+ resorts. Guess that's what tequila will do to you.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

I love the bars inside the restaurants at EDSS. So nice not to go elsewhere while waiting for dinner and feels like a non AI.

Sky Bar at Grand Velas is a favorite of ours. Lobby bar at Secrets Capri was fun and lobby bar at NOW Sapphire.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

I forgot about the NOW Sapphire. Also the beach bar at the Golden Crown Paradise, Pto. Vallarta and the lobby bar Dreams Huatulco.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

Lobby bar at Dreams Riviera Cancun is also a great place.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

hi

I don't want to open a new topic... I saw some photos from riu yucatan and could anyone told me where is this pinc! bar? or maybe it is a new lobby look ?Is there a caribbean type lobby /restaurant/main buffet?

philly
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite BARS at All Inclusives.....

Sunny and bright, totally agree with you about the Tucan/Quetzal..Most boring resort we have ever been .