We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any vapor bars

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
495 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
any vapor bars

quit smoking 3 years ago but I do smoke the E cig

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
520 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: any vapor bars

I have not heard of any.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any vapor bars

Aren't hookahs suppose to be vapors, just enough heat to vape without burning? Wanted to try it at one of the hookah bars in the club zone around Calle 12, but never dared to try it. I'd be disappointed if it was (burning) smoke.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any vapor bars

Last I heard, e cigs have been banned in Mexico.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,426 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any vapor bars

"Last I heard, e cigs have been banned in Mexico."

When/where did you hear that?

As recently as last October, I saw people with e-cigs at Secrets Silversands. Presumably, these guests bought their e-cigs with them, so whilst it's possible the SALE of e-cigs has been banned in Mexico, I don't think it's prohibited to use them.

????

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,855 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: any vapor bars

Saw many e cigs last week

Do you mean , they can't sell them in MX

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any vapor bars

The BBC say Mexico have banned the importation to sell them. Crazy, as you can buy tobacco that is far more dangerous. Maybe concentrate on the cartels, drug trafficking and human trafficking. Instead of customs having to find resources for something that is clearly a better alternative to tobacco.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23196369

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
520 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: any vapor bars

Yep, its the importation that is illegal…technically. Heck, I'm not even sure if that is true anymore though because I know several people who buy them in Playa. There is no issue using them. When I first started vaping 4 years ago and I would vacation in Mexico people asked about them all the time. Now most people I run across seem to know what they are.

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
495 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any vapor bars

just there they are not banned ! just wanted to know if there were any E CIG stores your crazy

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any vapor bars

Just bring your own. We plan on packing ours in checked luggage along with liquid.

Chicago
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: any vapor bars

what is a vapor bar. most bars allow smoking so i doubt anyone will care about an ecig. why would there need to be a specialized ecig bar unless were talking about vaping other substances?