We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NZD to Pesos?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
NZD to Pesos?

Hello fellow travellers!

My husband and I are traveling to Playa del Carmen next month from New Zealand.

What would you reckon as the best way to convert NZD into Pesos?

Using local ATM in Mexico, perhaps? Apparently Travelex does not offer Pesos.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NZD to Pesos?

Yes, I would use ATMs as the simplest way of obtaining local currency. It might be worth calling your bank just to check that your NZ card will definitely work in Mexico (just in case). For extra security you might want to convert 50-100 USD to take as, in that particular part of Mexico, you could spend them in an emergency (e.g. you're tired from your flight and the nearest ATM isn't working!).

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NZD to Pesos?

Thank you for the comment, SteveMex! I just checked with my bank regarding the procedure and all the fees.

I'm also visiting the states on this occasion so I think spare 100 USD cash would be a great idea!

3. Re: NZD to Pesos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:18