We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

My husband and I stayed at the Royal and used the most fantastic tour company. We went on a bus to CI, a cenote, and lunch was included. The tour operator was an archaeologist and anthropologist, spoke 4 different languages and provided the most interesting tour we have ever been on...problem is we don't remember the name of the tour company. We are returning and cannot stay at the Royal because we are bringing our teenage boys and we are not staying at a REAL resort. Any input on what company this may have been or recommendations for a superior tour company. Our itinerary will include swimming with the whale sharks and either Tulum or Coba.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,991 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

Best to book directly with the WhaleShark company, rather than a 3rd party

If you want to include a visit to Isla Mujeres, get a taxi / ferry to Isla and book with on of the most trusted companies "onislamujeres"

If you don't want to go to Isla, try whale shark Daddy http://www.cancunwhalesharktours.com/

Tulum is a do it yourself right Ruins on the main 307 hwy so I consider a tour company overkill

Coba / Muyil / Ek Balam are great places

Try this thread on Ek Balam

tripadvisor.com/…31229967

west yorkshire...
Level Contributor
163 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

Hi,

The tour operator situated in the Royal foyer is called

Best Day Travel.

Maybe this is the one you used.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

I believe you are correct the CI deluxe is the exact tour. Thank you, it is disappointing they do not have any tours to Coba or Tulum.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
13 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

Thank you. I have already contacted Whale Daddy via e-mail.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,991 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

Many smaller excursion companies are great

Try Edventure Tours or Yucatreks

miami beach
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

We use Your Private Tour. The man who operates the company, Jay, is a great guy and answers you very quickly. We are doing a Coba tour with them in June, along with akumel, lunch and freshwater lagoon. Last year we used them for Tulum and Akumel, cenote, freshwater lagoon and lunch. It was a great trip my husband hasn't stopped talking about. It wasn't cheap but having it all taken care of was such a nice luxury. And we got to tulum when there was only a handful of people there. On the beach alone. The company is on google if you want to look it up.

7. Re: Excursion from The Royal Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17