We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach

Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach

Want to take my wife down in August for a couples get-a-way. I want a place with a spectacular beach. Nice for walking, swimming, sunbathing, etc. Many years ago we went to Playa and were stunned by the extraordinary beach. Two years ago we went to Paraiso de la Bonita in Puerto Morelos and were very disappointed in the beach. Totally unable to walk or swim. We have a nice pool at home so having a nice beach is our number one priority. I'm looking for a nice adults only resort with a spectacular beach. Any suggestions?

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach

Neither has the wide beaches or as blue water as the lower part of the 7 in Cancun. Water can have high waves. Cancun also has more ocean front rooms with balconies.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach

Secrets Maroma , El Dorado Maroma, The Royal Hideaway and Iberostar Grand are all nice resorts on a great beach.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach

Unfortunately 3 months is a long time in advance to try to predict beach conditions at any particular spot...

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach

Hard Rock Vallarta in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. A short 20 minute ride from the Puerto Vallarta airport.

Great wide beach with dark sand and very easy to walk on. 27 miles of beach to walk on whether walking to Bucerias or the Marina.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
171 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach

We stayed at Royal Hideaway in Jan of this year and the beach was beautiful...wide and long!! There was a small shelf, but didn't prohibit us from getting in the water. We really liked the resort, the food was amazing! It is a very quiet resort at night though, so if your looking for nightlife you would have to go into town.

texas
Level Contributor
851 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach

Maroma beach

Chicago
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beach

I guess depends on what your looking for I love the beach but also like to be close to the action so you sacrafice beach a bit being on any of the beach hotels near 5th and the ferry your sacrafciging beach a bit but if you walk just a bit south of the ferry like 5 minute walk very nice beaches there. I personally love having a beach on front of my hotel. I'm used to negril jamaica where to me is the best beach in the world so anywhere else is a sacrafice in that area but i stayed at playa palms and fusion and dont mind walking a few blocks for a nicer beach.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,020 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Beach

"I'm used to negril jamaica where to me is the best beach in the world"

That is the nicest beach I have ever been on.

The closest beach to that one on the east coast of Mexico that I have found is Playa Norte on Isla Mujeres. It's short, though, not as long as Negril's 7 Mile Beach.

If you want AI, check out Privilege Aluxes on Isla Mujeres. It's not right ON Playa Norte, but another really nice beach just around the corner. There are no AIs on Isla right on Playa Norte, but if you like staying in condos, look at Ixchel or Nautibeach condos, they are on that beach.

ny
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Beach

The beach in the Playacar area is beautiful.There was a total beach reclamation in 2010 and the beach is still very wide. The beach in front of Royal Hideaway is pristinely groomed daily and provides opportunity for both shade and sun. The hotel provides incredible service ,with fabulous dining and beverage service on the beach. as well as around the pools and in the restaurants. Feel free to read my reviews or to pm me if you want any additional information. Enjoy!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Beach

Hit either playacar, maroma or tulum. Tulum has the best imo and there arent ais there but rather smaller chic beach hotels.

If youre looking for hippy chic relaxation in the most beautiful setting....tulum it is.