We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Riviera Princess Wedding - Any tips please

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Riviera Princess Wedding - Any tips please

Hello,

We are getting married next June at GRP (from the UK)

I want some advice from anyone who has got married or been to a wedding there please

Do I get a choice of getting married on the beach or in the wedding gazebo?

Also has anyone had their hair and makeup done in the spa? That's included in my package but unsure of Spanish styles?

Also what happens once the ceremony has taken place, where do we go? Straight to a sit down meal (any idea where these are held and what semi private means)

After our meal is there somewhere we go? As I assume the disco doesn't open until late not sure if I want to hang around the lobby in my dress all that time?

Also is there any nice restaurants close to the hotel for a group meal the night before?

Can you walk out of the hotel or is it in the middle of nowhere? We stayed in cancun last time and literally across the road was a shopping mall, is it similar to this?

Any good group trips or excursions people would recommend?

Any other tips or advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Riviera Princess Wedding - Any tips please

Hi you're possibly asking too many questions at once if you break them down you are more likely to get a response we went to a wedding last year not this hotel but in Riviera Maya and it was excellent

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Riviera Princess Wedding - Any tips please

We were married there and had the choice of the beach or the gazebo, but we loved the gazebo and it was on the beach. They decorated it so nicely.

After the ceremony we did pictures and everyone else went to the bar in the square for drinks and waited for us. We joined them there for an hour or so before the meal. Depending on how many you have for the meal it was pretty private. We had a semi private meal but we really had our own area that was sort of sectioned off in the gourmet and I never even noticed the other guests in the main part. We had our own waiters and concierge for the meal.

You can't walk to anything from there. We always take a colectivo, but it's a long walk to the highway, so we took a taxi to the highway when we had the kids with us and walked when we didn't. We would then catch the colectivo to town or wherever we wanted to go. You could just take a taxi too. There is also a free shuttle that goes twice and comes back once from Playa, but we could never get on in two weeks (only one time). I did hear they are charging for it now (small fee) and that you have to book the day before first thing in the AM.

For a group dinner, you could go to any number of restaurants in Playa, you would just have to take cabs there. It would be very hard to get a group into one of the ala cartes.

Our wedding did turn out great and the day was wonderful. We had drinks after the reception and then went to the disco when it opened. We did go back to our room to change and that killed some time while we were waiting for it to open.

Enjoy and congrats:)

3. Re: Grand Riviera Princess Wedding - Any tips please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:23