We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

My wife and I just returned from Secrets Capri and had a wonderful time. If you have any questions let me know and I will try to answer them.

Cobalt

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

I'm curious - is it really hot down there right now?? Also, what kind of stereo do they have in the rooms? I was wanting to bring my iPod but wasn't sure if I could hook it up or not. My husband and I are heading down in a few weeks - can't wait!!!!!!!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Yes it is very hot, mostly humidity. It was very refreshing to lounge in the pool all day!!

The stereo is actually a DVD player that you pop Cd's in and turn the TV to channel 1, there is a set of speakers in the bathroom that has a volume control on the bathroom wall. It is not too bad of a system, just enough for pre- dinner activities. I'm not sure if it has inputs for an IPOD or not? A lot of people did have IPODS around the pool, they also have speakers all over the pool grounds that pipes out cool jazz most of the time, then the activity team brings out a portable PA system for their different programs. This place is the most relaxing place I have ever been to!! I actually felt numb by the end of the week, it was really an odd feeling, one I would like to have more often!!

Cobalt

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Cobalt,

Do you have suggestions for best section of hotel to stay? We're booked in just a regular room but are hoping for a bit of a view of the ocean.

thanks

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

We stayed in room 322, it had a very nice view of the Ocean and the Jungle. When we arrived we had booked a Tropical View and as soon as we sat down the receptionist said she had a free upgrade to Ocean view for us!!!!

We really loved being on the third floor, we did not hear anything the whole time we were there. Plus after eating all the incredible food we certainly did not mind the walk up the stairs(They do have elevators). Our room faced Cozumel and was a spectacular view, I even booked as close to a full moon as possible which was even more breath taking. I would recommend asking for a third floor facing south towards ocean, they are very accommodating at this resort, just remember a smile will go a long way. Have a great trip!!!!

Cobalt

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Cobalt - thanks for the info!! I'm not looking forward to the heat and humidity, seeing as how that's what I'll be leaving behind in Alabama!!! I guess I'll just bring CD's from home - thought I might simplify things by bringing my iPod! We have booked an ocean front jr. suite - hope the location of the room is good. We weren't sure exactly what room to book. Thanks for your input - I really appreciate the feedback!! Glad you had a good time - We're looking forward to some RELAXATION!!!!!

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Cobalt,

Hoping you can help...Visiting Secrets Capri in Oct. & have a few questions:

Does the "all-inclusive" include room service? All I am able to find on this is that "room service is available"--no mention if it is included or extra.

Have you had the opportunity to stay in a governor's or presidential suite? Is it worth the extra $$?

What kind of waits are encountered at the restaurants for dinner since they are reservation free?

Any advice on transfers between the resort & airport?

Any other advice you can give would be great. We are going for our 10th anniversary.

Thanks!

Night-Owl26

OH
Level Contributor
63 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Cobalt,

We are leaving Friday and die-hard Ohio State fans. Did they happen to have ABC or any type to watch the Texas v. OSU game? Any idea where we could catch the game if not??

Thanks!

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Trying to decide between Capri and Excellence in Puerto Morelos for 2007. Have previously stayed @ SERC and am quite spoiled. Does Capri have any kind of Excellence Club or night life? Going with 4 other couples and looking for some fun entertainment at night on the property.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Hello Night Owl, you will love Secrets Capri!

In answer to your questions:

All inclusive does include 24hr room service! I would highly recommend it. The service was quick and pretty good for room service. The menu is somewhat limited but we had no problem finding something we liked.

Pre. & Gov. suites are very nice, we did not stay in either but our concierge was very willing to show them to us. We especially liked the Pres. suite, it was huge and had a view of the pool and the ocean. As far as value I'm not sure of the price difference so all I can say if you got it go for it!

The restaurant waits were not an issue for us at all, maybe we were lucky? It does fill up quick on the terrace at the Oceana so you may want to get there early or wait while you have cocktails elsewhere. The Himitsu has a couple Hibachi styles tables that seemed to require a wait. If you want I would try Himitsu the night they have the Mexican Party by the Pool as most people go to that for dinner, usually on Saturday nights I believe.

As far as transfers I highly recommend any type of private transfer! we went through Apple Vacations and had to wait 45 Minutes in the parking lot for our coach bus to fill up and then four stops before we hit the Capri! Never again, there are several links recommending the best transfers to use on this website or you could post a new topic and I'm sure all your questions will be answered.

Have a great time on your vacation, check out the free Hobie Cats, they are a blast and the water is beautiful.

Cobalt

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Secrets Capri-any ???

Hello Shannanicole 99, Good news for you! They did have ABC in the room plus they were showing football games in the Desires bar on the lower level near the pool entrance. There was only one game to choose from when we were there, a preseason game.

If they are not showing on TV or in the Bar I would check out Playa Del Carmen, they have several sport bars that I'm sure will be showing OSU, especially with their stature this year in College Football. If you ask I would not be surprised if they played it for you in the Desires bar at Capri, they make a big party out of it! The service is amazing at this resort, they are very accommodating.

Have a great time!

Cobalt