We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

Just talked to my friend, shes in PDC now and she informs me that its been raining for 4 days now and it looks like more rain for the next week, not sure if shes winding me up or not, but I have checked the weather forecast and it says rain, rain, rain, we go to PDC soon, anyone there now.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

My friends are also there at the moment and say the same thing, said it has rained non stop - for two days (this was yesterday) and is forecast for the rest of their time there. We go on Friday and it looks like rain for three days/ then three days of sun - hoping the worst might be over by then! I know people will say well you booked in the rainy season - true, but it also says on most of the guidance I looked at that showers only usually last an hour or two then it's sunny again - but being a brit we come to expect not placing any faith in the weather! Fingers crossed this is the worst week

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

Oh no, we get a lot of rain in Glasgow, but dont want to spend my holidays being soaked, can stay here and get that every day, we go on 21st June, maybe it will be all rained out by then. Fingers crossed.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

Oh no! I'm also worried I leave on the 12th and see the same forecast. Please update when you get there.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

Oh no! I'm also worried I leave on the 12th and see the same forecast. Please update when you get there.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
698 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

We fly out on the 14th, but we just assume there will be rain. It seems to follow us no matter where we go or when. As long as our flights are not delayed, we'll just roll with whatever the weather has planned for us!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

This may not indicate rain but you can see cloud cover

webcamsdemexico.com/webcam-playa-del-carmen.…

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

There are 4-5 threads on this same topic that have been running for a few days, now. You may want to scroll down the list of threads (including onto the next page of them) and take a look as they will probably have a lot of information in them that is helpful to you (questions already answered and so on).

Steve

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

Hi!

I am there right now and our departure is today and I am not mad at all the be leaving!

It did rain Saturday-Sunday and now too. The sky is really covered with big clouds. Not a hint of sunlight. Yesterday rained almost all day and big rain, so you can't even go at the pool or do anything... I feel bad for the people who arrived this week end... At least I had 5 gorgeous sunny days!

If it is raining I would suggest you do an activity like Rio Secreto. It's underground river so doesn't matter if it rains or not. It is also really beautiful. Yesterday after noon the rain did calm down (but still really covered) for a couple of hours so at least I got the get out of the hotel a little bit and go to Playa Del Carmen.

I've been like 10 times here in Riviera Maya, and I must say big rain like this isn't so rare! Summer and fall is worst, but I experienced it also in the dry season! Sometimes when it rains it just doesn't stop for days and days. Rain for 2 days on 7 days like this vacation doesn't really matter, but when it is like that for the entire trip, that is so sad.

But I am sure you will get a couple of nice sun days! Since you coming by the end of the week, the worst of the rain will surely be gone. I am sure it will not rain for 2 weeks. At least you did not arrive this week end!

P.S Your friend is wrong. It did not rained for 4 days because Friday was beautiful all day. It is only the 3rd bad day.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 15:32
Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

We are set to arrive June 8, we are praying the rain is done!

North Texas
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Playa Del Carmen NOW!!!

Just returned from PDC & she's correct. Pouring rain.