We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
537 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

I've read there is a special check in for the Laguna Suites. I was wondering if it's clearly identifiable or if we tell someone that's what we booked will they point us in the right direction? I know it is sometimes hectic when arriving from the airport & getting the bell boy your luggage, etc. just want to make sure we don't miss it. :)

Cologne, Minnesota
Level Contributor
175 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

When you walk in to the Riviera Lobby from the bellboy area, check-in will be on your right. There is a section of the check-in counter that is roped off and has a small sign that says Laguna Villas & Platinum check-in. There is usually chilled champagne and glasses sitting right next to the sign on the counter.

I wouldn't worry if you don't see a person at that section of counter. We just walk right up even if no one is there and somebody comes over and checks us in. You can also ask the bellboy where the Laguna check-in is, and provided they aren't unloading a busload of arriving guests, they'll probably take you right over.

Niko

Minnesota
Level Contributor
537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

Thanks Niko!!! Can't wait for our trip!

scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

Hi

Is this the same check in for the Yucatan adults section too

Cologne, Minnesota
Level Contributor
175 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

As long as you booked the current Yucatan section and are going in the next few months, yes it is the same check-in.

They are building a new section on the resort called the Grand Yucatan Princess that will have at least 400 rooms, so when that opens, I presume they will have their own check in lobby. The soft opening for that is scheduled for September, and the regular opening for December. If you didn't book the NEW resort, your check in is the platinum desk in the Riviera lobby.

Enjoy your trip!

Niko

scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

Thanks Nico

It's the current Yucatan princess that I'm booked to go this August. So hopefully building works should be near the end now which means no noise. :-)

Cologne, Minnesota
Level Contributor
175 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

Hopefully! With a soft opening in September, you'd think they'd be down to landscaping, painting and furnishing the rooms. Although in truth, I never heard much noise from the construction while I was there. My room was further away from the construction though.... I think you'll be fine. :-)

7. Re: Grand Riviera Princess-Laguna suites Check in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:16