We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playacar Palace vs Cozumel Palace

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Playacar Palace vs Cozumel Palace

Has anyone stayed at both? Looking for a comparison for our trip in August. My wife and I are both in our mid 50's. Don't mind quiet but don't like dull either. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playacar Palace vs Cozumel Palace

Hi Tim.......................I have.

We went to PlayaCar Palace last November after Thanksgiving for a week then went to Hard Rock Cancun for our second week. We plan on doing the same thing again this year.

The benefit to staying at PlayaCar Palace is that 5th avenue is only steps away from the resort.

Also the ferry is docked right next door which makes it easy to take for a day trip to Cozumel.

If you like walking the beach than PlayaCar has a MUCH better beach where you can walk for miles in either direction and Cozumel does not.

Both resorts are small with PlayaCar being a little larger. I used the steam room at playaCar every day and found it a lot easier to use than at most resorts. Also the Chef's dinner at PlayaCar was the best dinner we have ever eaten at an All Inclusive resort.

Because you are staying at a Palace Resort all you have to do is pay the cost of the ferry if you want to spend the day at Cozumel.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,635 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playacar Palace vs Cozumel Palace

Here is the ironshore (rocky) interface of land to water at Cozumel Palace. Note that there is no sandy beach like you have at Playacar Palace.

http://tinyurl.com/2q5gfr

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
256 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playacar Palace vs Cozumel Palace

I second BobNH's comments. Spot on. Playacar is relatively quiet but not dull, and Cozumel Palace is only a short ferry ride away.

Whichever Palace resort you choose, I would make sure you book through a Palace member so you get the discounted member rates and all of the member perks, including free roundtrip airport transportation, free massages, etc.

If you would like more info, let me know and I will send you a PM.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playacar Palace vs Cozumel Palace

I stayed at both Cozumel Palace (3 nights) & then went over to Playacar Palace for 7 nights last Nov.

Each resort has its highlights. We enjoyed the snorkeling at Cozumel and many people stay there to go diving. However, we preferred Playacar Palace as there were more food options and nicer spa and a lovely beach to go for walks on (we met BobNH there at the Chef's dinner and also thought it was the best chef's dinner we have been to so far). Also close to 5th Ave. for shopping.

5. Re: Playacar Palace vs Cozumel Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:17