We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion company based at playacar shopping plaza?

Cambridge England
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Excursion company based at playacar shopping plaza?

Does anyone know the name of the excursion company that are based in the little hut in the middle of the shopping plaza in Playacar? We used them a few years back for a trip & it was much cheaper than going through the rep but cannot remember their name.

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,191 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion company based at playacar shopping plaza?

Not sure but depending on where you are going - there are many more people opting for the ADO bus and excursioning themselves. The savings alone gives you money to eat, drink, and buy souvenirs (even souvenirs for yourselves), ADO is more reliable to leave and return on time, locations are convenient, and you are not crammed into a van like a sardine. Just a thought mind you. Some of the tour businesses do have good reputations but when I see what I'm getting for my dollars; I choose the ADO. That's just me. Whatever you do; have the absolute best darn time that you can!

Cambridge England
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursion company based at playacar shopping plaza?

We did an excursion a few years back using the company based at the plaza, no problems with it so would like to see what they have to offer, thanks for the info but ADO is that the name of the company or is that abbreviated? Where are they based in Playacar?

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,553 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursion company based at playacar shopping plaza?

ADO is the name of the first class bus line down there. They have two stations in PDC so you'd need to find out which station to take. They are an express service, they do not stop everywhere, for that you need the second class bus service, Mayab (there are others as well). From Playacar you would have to take a taxi although I suppose you could also walk.

Cambridge England
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursion company based at playacar shopping plaza?

Ok, sounds like I will need to check that one out, might just stick with what I know, thanks for the info

5. Re: Excursion company based at playacar shopping plaza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16