We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playacar Palace

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Playacar Palace

We are currently at Playacar Palace if anyone has any questions.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Playacar Palace

I thought all adult only hotels were 18 since you can drink at 18. Thank you for my error.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Playacar Palace

Donna E - a lot are 18+ but a few allow 16+ but they get a different color bracelet (or at least they do at RPDC) so that they aren't served alcohol.

Raul-Amy- that's a bummer but kind of what I expected. We love the size of Playacar Palace but my husband pretty much said he wasn't going to stay anywhere besides RPDC if we're doing an AI right in town. I hate it when he's right but I have to agree with him...why mess up a perfect thing? I'm sure you're still having a great time since you're in playadise!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
594 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Playacar Palace

Thanks for clarifying that KelliandDoug. I just figured if adults were going to an adult only hotel, they wouldn't want to see teenagers there. I am just so looking forward to seeing what Playacar looks like and spending the day over at Cozumel too.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Playacar Palace

Some AI are 18 + but the Royal is 16 and up. We only saw one last time we were there. We went and did a little tour yesterday to show my son and we were informed it would be changing over to a Hyatt Zilara shortly.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Playacar Palace

Ugh Raul-amy who mentioned that? I've been following the Hyatt Zilara Cancun reviews and some are good but several mention how much better RPDC still is.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Playacar Palace

Kellie and Doug, we went to show my son around The Royal in PDC while we were there, we asked the security guard if we could look around since next year he would be 16, so then he lead us to another guy. This person showed us around and then told us that the hotel would be changing over soon to a Hyatt, like the one in Cancun did. I just hope it stays as good as it is now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Playacar Palace

Morning Raul-Amy

How is everything at the moment? Has your opinion changed at all in regards to playacar palace now that you have been their for a while.

What is your room like, what type of room do you have, have you got a balcony etc

How's the atmosphere in the hotel are the staff nice etc.

I'm a bit worried now as I will be going their in August with my 6 year old and it doesn't seem to have lived upto your expectation.

Hopefully your enjoying the weather and the beach though.

Thanks

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Playacar Palace

Diane, we are already home. We only stayed four nights. Yes we did have a balcony with our room, it was very small. My husband and I could barely sit out there comfortably. I wrote a review yesterday so it should post by tomm. I am just hard to please and have probably been going to adults only for so long that I expected more. It might be perfect to you. Hope y'all have a wonderful trip and if u have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Playacar Palace

Hi Raul-Amy,

Hope you enjoyed your stay in PDC. How was the weather there? We arrive on Monday and I'm a bit nervous about the forecasts...100% chance on some days next week!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Playacar Palace

Hello!

Hope you enjoyed your time in PDC. I was wondering how the weather was during your stay. I've been monitoring for weeks now and we arrive on Sunday. For two days next week it is forecasting 100% chance of rain...hoping that will change.