We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

First off, thanks to all of you for your posts! So much great advice! I am still struggling picking a resort among the 3 listed. My husband and I along with 4 others (ages 19-22) are traveling next May. Sandos is much better for the budget, but will we be disappointed? Beach is number one priority. Of course, food and entertainment come in next. Does Sandos have a/c in restaurants? Should we spend extra and choose one of the others? Again, thanks for taking the time and all of your great advice!

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

bump

NJ
Level Contributor
151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

I stayed at Sandos last year and will be going back this July. The beach is the best part of this resort and I founf that for an all inclusive resort the food was better than I expected. Staff was always friendly and hard working. If you are looking for a lot of activety at night this would not be the right hotel. We found things to be much quiter at night. Also, the restaurants do not have a/c so if this is important I would try one of the other hotels.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,761 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

The Lindo has air conditioning in their restaurants including the buffet.....it's pretty hot in the Riviera Maya in May, so if a/c is a concern, you might want to try the Lindo....you can also eat at a la carte restaurants every night of your stay at the Lindo, if you choose...........

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

RPRM is very good resort with a nice beach. Good food at all of the ala cartes. They have shows and music at night but not a wild nightlife. You can use the riu tequila disco at no cost with free booze. If you want to shop/party you can walk (20 minutes) to 5th avenue or $7 US taxi. Resort is located in Playacar a gated community next to Playa. Small shopping center with a starbucks within a few minute walk from the resort. You can walk for miles in either direction on the beach and even into Playa. No rocks. The Riu Palace Mexico is the same except for larger beach and 1 less ala carte at night.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 16:53
Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

Thanks for all of the info. I think the no a/c at Sandos is a deal breaker. Looks like we will have to decide between Lindo and RPRM.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

I'm not sure where you people are getting your information but all buffets and a la carte resturaunts at Sandos playacar have a/c.

EXCEPT the one by the pool which is open air.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

I second moarroar. We were at Playacar in late Feb early March. The only unairconditioned restaurant was the open air buffet. Even without A/C we found it quite comfortable as there was usually a nice breeze blowing through.

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

Thanks everyone for the info. Sandos is much better for the budget and looks as if the beach is also one of the nicest. So glad to hear that there is a/c in restaurants!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

....and the beach is sooooo nice! Sandos is the last beach on the strip. Make sure to go for a nice long walk.

For any requests or questions you may have, be sure to contact Daniela at web relations. She truly is a gem and looked after us very well. She can be reached at webrelations.playacar@sandos.com

Happy planning!

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandos Playacar, Iberostar Lindo, RIU Palace Riviera Maya

Love it! Thanks everyone for all of the help!