We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Shark tour?

Alaska
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whale Shark tour?

We will be in playa del Carmen beginning of July. Not sure where the best location to travel to a whale shark tour is from here....suggestions? And any suggestions for the best company to go with? 'm sure this question has been asked more than once, but I can't seem to find it! So, thanks for your patience in advance.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Shark tour?

A lot of the regular posters on here have high praise for Edventures - I've sent them a couple of emails asking questions about their whale shark trip and they've been quick to respond and very helpful, so I'm leaning towards booking with them.

http://www.edventuretours.com.mx

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,758 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Shark tour?

Use the search function in the Isla Mujeres forum.

If someone tells you that you have to go to Isla Holbox that is not correct.

There are plenty of people to go with. The next time I go I may use onislamujeres.com, but check the Isla Mujeres forum for other options.

It is easy to take the ADO bus from Playa del Carmen to Cancun, then a cheap taxi to the Isla Mujeres ferry if the company you decide to use leaves from there.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Shark tour?

Two great companies

Onislamujeres.com via Isla

Whale Shark Daddy - http://www.cancunwhalesharktours.com/

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale Shark tour?

I am using Riviera Adventours in July. They have also been fantastic to correspond with and have great reviews on here. Big thing for us...they have a small toilet on the boat! Only a couple companies can claim that!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale Shark tour?

Many of the excursion companies don't have their own Whale Shark Boats, thus they book room with other companies. Not saying they are not good but I like to book directly and not through a 3rd party

The ones I listed are the actual boat companies (with toilets)

Edited: 13 June 2014, 15:51
6. Re: Whale Shark tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:16