We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Just arrived in Mexico and spending our first evening at Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar.

First impressions - I'm loving it! It's huge but there is so much going on.

For those worried about the weather - today was beautiful - 30 degrees centigrade and sun sun sun.

Anyone has any questions is be happy to help - just as reading the threads before I left helped me :)

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,176 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Glad you are "loving it" and the weather is cooperating.

Enjoy a great breakfast at the buffet in the lobby area. The one by the pool is good, but doesn't offer nearly as many selections.

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

I'd be interested to know if you tried to get into any ala-carte restaurants as a 'stand-by' or such, or were you left to your required number.

Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Hi

Do you have any advice on rooms we would like to request a room near the pool around the middle of the resort....are the higher rooms preferable to ground floor.

Are they showing the World Cup games, very important for my husband and son.

Is the resort busy and is the lack of air con a problem at the buffet?

We are staying at the Beach but hear they are part of the same complex.

Arriving from the uk next Tuesday.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,176 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Juliaweatherby ,

Request a room in building 33, 34, or 35. All are in the middle of the resort and have easy pool access. Ask for a pool view room on the top floor. They will not guarantee anything but they will note it on your reservation. Email them about a week before your arrival date.

Edited: 17 June 2014, 16:17
Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Thanks

Have a great holiday.

Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Have you noticed if many older teenagers are around?

Portland
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Ciao. In Denver now, arriving in cancun this afternoon. Do you know anything about the team is court? Are they playable and do people play during the day?

Other question. We have three teen age girls around 13 years old. Have you seen kids that age around? Ciao and see you soon. Adry

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Hi Julia

Agree with the room recommendations given above. If you get to checkin and they give you a room number which is further away you could try asking if they have anything closer. We were lucky as got moved from block #18 to #13 (on the del mar side). Nice and close to the beach and pool.

They are showing all the World Cup games yes. It's on a projector in a large air conditioned theatre type bar which is really nice. Believe it's called the star cafe, it's right by the Lobby for the del mar - you'll see a human sized satue of the armadillo World Cup mascot outside!!

The resort does not feel too busy at all, which we've been really happy about. I think as it outside school holidays and still in June it's not full up here. We have never struggled to find a palapa on the beach or a lounger by the pool at all.

On the age group, it's a real mix. Plenty of families which children from all ages including lots of teenagers. There's also some groups in their early 20's who enjoy the all inclusive bars! But it hasn't been a problem at all. There's then also plenty of couples, younger and older. Most of the guests seem to be Americans and Canadians, then Spanish/Portuguese, then South/Central American, with a small number of British, German and Italian groups.

The buffets haven't been too hot for us, we always take a seat near te edge and you get a nice breeze here from the sea.

Hope that helps and you have a great trip! Weather is currently beautiful out here!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Hi Danswack

We haven't tried to book extra a la carte nights yet, but may try that next week when we've used up all our reservations ( we could only book for this week when we arrived, we can book for next week starting from tomorrow).

Our First Choice rep has said it wouldn't be a problem. Although to be honest, the buffets are really great so I wouldn't be worried if we couldn't book extra a la cartes!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Here now in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar!

Hi adry

May be too late (!) but anyway:

Haven't looked at the tennis court yet to be honest. Walked past it a few times and haven't seen anyone using it.

As I said in my above posts, plenty of kids of all ages, including many in the early teens range.

Enjoy!