We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADO from Airport to PDC

Florence, Kentucky
Level Contributor
93 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
ADO from Airport to PDC

My wife and I are flying in at 10am and were looking at taking the ADO into PDC. We are staying at the Royal PDC resort. I know the main bus station is on the other end of Quinta from RPDC, but believe there is a stop prior to - has anyone taken the ADO, do you need pesos to buy tickets or can they take USD or credit? Any hesitations with it?

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ADO from Airport to PDC

The ADO will accept pesos or usd, no charge cards. There may be an ADO clerk available just as you leave customs, but usually they have a small kiosk in front of where the buses park. In May of 2014 they were charging 140 pesos one way. They may have 1 quick stop in Puerto Morelos and they only stop at the ADO station on 5th and Juarez in Playa. You can catch a taxi on the southside of the building, or use a trycyclo guy to wheel your luggage up to the Royal. The Royal is a pretty fancy place, I think a taxi would be in order, about 50 pesos or $5. We just use carry on luggage and I place my bag on top of my wife's roller and we walk down 5th to El Taj. I have no pride:-))

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
533 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ADO from Airport to PDC

You can walk from the bus station to RPDC but I guess it really depends on how much luggage you have and if you'd rather not walk the distance. I'd say it's about 7-8 blocks. You can pay in pesos or us dollars. I've taken the bus several times and have never had any issues. I suggest if you are taking it back to the airport at the end of your trip, that you get your tickets a day or 2 earlier to make sure you get the bus you need.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ADO from Airport to PDC

How about a shared transfer agent? Best services the RPDC and they do have shared service. Gray also has shared vans for about $25 apiece.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,929 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ADO from Airport to PDC

We were walking near the bus terminal and a local with a bicycle cart helped us deliver the luggage. Asked just for a donation

See if you can find one

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ADO from Airport to PDC

"We were walking near the bus terminal and a local with a bicycle cart helped us deliver the luggage. Asked just for a donation."

Go out the corner door area and look right. You should see those guys and taxis.

Florence, Kentucky
Level Contributor
93 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ADO from Airport to PDC

I have no shame in walking, Ill check out Best/Gray. I found shared for $70 r/t for 2 which is pretty good on ShuttleinCancun.com. The ADO is attractive to me just to try something new out since we've been down so often and know where we are going and how to get around. With getting into the airport at 1000am and next ADO leaving at 10:50, not sure we can make that one.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,249 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ADO from Airport to PDC

¨ a bicycle cart helped us deliver the luggage. Asked just for a donation."

They really have set, or expected prices, so if your ¨donation¨is not large enough, they will tell you. I think it usually works better for them not to tell you since tourists tend to overpay them. Like most things in Mexico, these guys have their own union.

8. Re: ADO from Airport to PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:15