We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

Level Contributor
317 posts
1 review
Save Topic
has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

Hey ive just realised this is the plane I will be flying on in october to cancun from Manchester just curious to see if anybody has flown on this? If so how was leg room ect? Should we thonk about upgrading? Ect! Thank you

liverpool
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

We will be flying on the flight number fri17oct so would be interested in any answers.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

Yes last year, plenty of leg room and I am 6'3 upgraded to premium on the way out but not the way back, don't bother it's not worth it you get plenty of leg room in economy

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

I am 6ft 2ins and usually suffer from lack of leg room but I think the plane you will use will be an Airbus330 so it was ok. However I found the seats narrow across the shoulders so the window seat felt cramped. The return journey was better as we had 3 seats, the aisle seat was empty. Some of the tv screens on the back of the seats did not work and the system had a fault so I suggest you take some alternative entertainment.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

Hi for your information I flew on this TC aircraft in 2011.

It was clean and tidy with everthing working on the seat back entertainment system. My family of four pre booked two rows of two at the rear of the plane where your ailse seats get a little more room being behind a row of three. We enjoyed the flight and would book again if TC lowered their price. Going with thomsons now this august on the dreamliner.

hope this helps

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

Hi for your information I flew on this TC aircraft in 2011.

It was clean and tidy with everthing working on the seat back entertainment system. My family of four pre booked two rows of two at the rear of the plane where your ailse seats get a little more room being behind a row of three. We enjoyed the flight and would book again if TC lowered their price. Going with thomsons now this august on the dreamliner.

hope this helps

derbyshire
Level Contributor
158 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

Hi

we have just done this flight in May this year no problems really, my sons who are all 6ft tall had extra leg room seats row 30 exit seats, these were great but I think they are slightly smaller in width than others as the tray is stored in the arm so this makes them not so wide and being as my boys are not thin (tall and stocky) they commented they were a bit of a squeeze.

We found leg room in economy fine, the only critisism we would have with Thomas Cook is their inflight entertainment, its still on a loop, you dont know which chanel is showing what and no games, here Thomson flights are better.

Food and staff were great.

liverpool
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

Thanks noway66 I feel a bit better about my flight now. Pity about the entertainment will have to bring my ipad.

8. Re: has anybody flown on tcx 148 thomas cook? from Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17