We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking way to early

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Booking way to early

I am thinking I might need mental help. After a wonderful 3 week visit this past May, we are already booked for April 2015.

I just could not pass up the deals out there. Next year we picked three resorts to spend six days at each.

Eldorado Maroma. Got a fantastic deal through LuxuryLink on a Honeymoon Suite for $414 per night. First time visiting here.

Zoetry Rolandi. This is Villas Rolandi that was sold to Am Resorts Zoetry brand. This 35 room resort on Isla Mujeres is just perfect. We stayed there in 2013 and thought it was close to perfect as it gets. It will be interesting to see how it will be now as a AI with the quality of Zoetry. Got a intro rate here for $383 per night.

Secrets Playa Mujeres. Visited Secrets the Vine this year and was not impressed. Also after visiting SMB for years I am hoping this new resort will be a success. Got this one booked at $324 per night.

Normally I would never book this early for our annual visit. However at these prices I think locking down those prices was a good.

Anyone else booking this far in advance?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking way to early

I've actually heard about many people booking specifically for Secrets Playa Mujeres for late spring next year and getting in on the great introductory rates. I will be interested to hear what you think of these 3.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking way to early

As usual you have a great itinerary planned.

We havent booked that far out....2 weeks ago we set a place marker for our november trip....thats pretty far in advance for us. This year we are also tacking on a 3-4 day trip in mexico city before we head to playa. We're pretty stoked for that.

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking way to early

Villas Rolandi I can comment on as it will be the only resort we have been to. Like I said, it's close to perfect. See pics

surfnorthwest.com/Villas%20Rolandi%202013/ar…

It was not all inclusive when we visited last time. We had so much fun there. Has a golf cart we rented for a week and went exploring every day as you can see in the pics. We love the Zoetry brand, they say "unlimited privileges". It's a very small but gorgeous resort.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking way to early

In my mind, I'm always booked two years out. In reality, I usually book when air is released. We only take one trip a year, and it kills me during that timeframe when I have nothing firm on the books.

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking way to early

Tomball you are hopelessly addicted like us. So many return every year, to me it's the value and the people that keep us returning. The months of countdown is enough to drive you crazy.

Thought we would also visit the new Cirque du Soliel show while at El Dorado, the new theater is just across the street from the Mayan Palace.

cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/joya/default.aspx

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
362 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking way to early

I booked February 2015 to Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica about 2 months ago.

I got a deal of just over $13,000 for 2 weeks for the two of us. I got a lot of "Extras" for booking so early.

Two more sleeps until the Valentin for 10 days...feels like 45 degrees, perfect!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking way to early

We want to book for Secrets Playa Mujeres and they do have great pricing for the rooms, its the flights that are so high!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking way to early

Surfnorthwest, your pics are wonderful!

New York
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking way to early

We always book in March for the following Feb.

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking way to early

We're huge Cirque fans, and are debating whether to go on our next trip. Due to their dark days, we only have two options - either the day we arrive, or our last night. Neither are ideal, so I'm holding off for now.