We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

Missouri
Level Contributor
873 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

I'm looking for a resort for next spring for my wife and I. We've traveled some but nothing extensive like many on this forum. In the past we've enjoyed Secrets Capri, Secrets Maroma, Excellence Punta Cana, The Moonpalace and a few others. Its been about 2 years since I've been to Mexico and I'm needing some help in picking a resort. The main thing we are looking to do is relax. Below is what I'm looking for:

1) Adults only

2) Location isn't a big deal since I doubt we will leave the resort.

3) Upscale resort including great food and beverages (wine list doesn't have to be extensive)

4) Don't care about clubs

5) Budget is flexible but nothing over $3,000.00 for 5 nights (Resort Only - Airfare has already been purchased) Value is probably more important that price.

6) Air conditioned common areas lobby bars etc. I didn't think about this until I went to the Domincan Republic and it was open air common areas that were very hot.

7) The beach doesn't have to perfect. We spend more time at the pool and don't get in the ocean much at all.

8) All Inclusive

I know for many this may sound boring but with busy work and personal schedules we're looking to decompress and relax for a few days. I've considered Secrets Playa Mujeres (it will have been open about 6 months at our date of travel). Thought on it or other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

Take a look at the Royal Hideaway in Playacar. It meets most of your criteria. A great resort on a great beach with good food.

Edited: 30 June 2014, 22:00
Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

The Iberostar Grand also fits your criteria. Particularly the air conditioned common areas. Also, the Grand has 3 pools: main pool with swim up bar, tranquility pool, and the pool at the Grand spa that has a retractable room overhead.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
14 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

The Royal Playa del Carmen ( A REAL Resort). This was spectacular. We went for our 15 year wedding anniversary. Read the trip advisor reviews. This is the only resort my husband and I would re-visit.

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

Take a gander at the Paradisus La Perla in PDC. My wife and I loved it there, and we were considering it for our 10th anniversary, but have settled on the Paradisus Cancun in January.

The beach isn't the greatest but everything else is fabulous.

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

We went to the Valentin Imperial last year and loved it so much we're going back this year! The staff are always helpful and accommodating plus good food, good beach, good pools, good rooms, etc, etc.

6. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 20:43
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

Depending on your travel dates, the two Excellence properties may fit your budget (Excellence Riviera Cancun and Excellece Playa Mujeres), along with the El Dorado Royale or El Dorado Seaside Suites.

All great adults only properties!!! Enjoy!

Edited: 04 July 2014, 04:20
8. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 20:43
Merrick, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

I was just rereading your post and if you are looking fir romantic and quiet with gorgeous beach. Out of the el dorados, I would say el dorado maroma and its totally in your budget through a member

10. Re: Which Resort for a 15th Anniversary trip?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:17