I'm looking for a resort for next spring for my wife and I. We've traveled some but nothing extensive like many on this forum. In the past we've enjoyed Secrets Capri, Secrets Maroma, Excellence Punta Cana, The Moonpalace and a few others. Its been about 2 years since I've been to Mexico and I'm needing some help in picking a resort. The main thing we are looking to do is relax. Below is what I'm looking for:
1) Adults only
2) Location isn't a big deal since I doubt we will leave the resort.
3) Upscale resort including great food and beverages (wine list doesn't have to be extensive)
4) Don't care about clubs
5) Budget is flexible but nothing over $3,000.00 for 5 nights (Resort Only - Airfare has already been purchased) Value is probably more important that price.
6) Air conditioned common areas lobby bars etc. I didn't think about this until I went to the Domincan Republic and it was open air common areas that were very hot.
7) The beach doesn't have to perfect. We spend more time at the pool and don't get in the ocean much at all.
8) All Inclusive
I know for many this may sound boring but with busy work and personal schedules we're looking to decompress and relax for a few days. I've considered Secrets Playa Mujeres (it will have been open about 6 months at our date of travel). Thought on it or other suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help.