We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

Coming from Cozumel, staying at Riu Playacar.

From the Forum, it looks like I can take a taxi for $5, or walk. If walking, how long would it take? 20 minutes or so? (it was mentioned that Sandos Playacar is 45 minutes and the Riu looks to be about halfway). And is that on the sand or on pavement?

Thanks for any help.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

It takes about 20-25 minutes on pavement.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
499 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

We've walked both ways. It's appprox. 25 minutes. It's nice to walk on the beach and the road is also a pleasant walk. Sandos is a lot closer to Riu Playcar than the ferry dock.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

Sandos is maybe, 35 minutes, Riu Playacar as said 20 25 minutes. Taxi will be 70 pesos or US$7 not 5. You'll probably have suitcase or minimum back pack so walking the beach would be a bit more difficult. Leave that for another day when you can also periodically go in for a swim to cool off.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

Thanks for the information. My only question at this point is about the paved walk. Is that right along the beach with a view of the water or is it a street that's somewhat inland that takes me to the front of the Riu? Just curious.

Cheers.

ny
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

Iit you walk along the street, you will be walking within a beautiful gated community, comprised of gorgeous homes and hotels. You will not have a view of the water.Yes,you will have a view of the front of the hotel properties.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

Sounds good...looking at various maps on-line...would I be walking on Av 10/Paseo Xaman Ha all the way to the Riu or would I take what appear to be little side streets that appear to empty out onto the beach around the Reef Club and then make my way from there?

Cheers, again.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,681 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

yes take paseo zaman ha...its the main road. its a beautiful walk

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

You used to be able to walk (drive) it on Google Earth Streetside View but that seems to have been removed after they added 5th Ave etc to streetside view. It was great to be able to see all the houses, etc before you got to your resort. As you enter Playacar look for the Mayan ruins on your left.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

Cheers, x3.

Will let you know how it goes.

10. Re: Walking From Pier To Riu Playacar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16