We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these two resorts?

Jersey
Level Contributor
147 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these two resorts?

Which would you recommend more for a trip with 10 and 8 year olds.

Playacar Palace

Iberostar Tucan

Moon palace appears to have a lot to do for kids, but I don't like huge resorts. (figure we can take a day trip there from Playacar if we want)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
841 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these two resorts?

Honestly, I couldn't pick between these 2 - they're both awesome! And both will work for your kids. I would think Palace is a bit more expensive, so maybe you pick based on price. I'm also a fan of Iberostar so I would pick Iberostar - have been to the hotel right next to it and the beach there is amazing!!!

Midlands
Level Contributor
106 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these two resorts?

Stayed at the Tucan and loved it,2 hotels in one ,they have a Mini jungle with differing animals. With the Riu's you have about 4 hotels in one. We didn't have children with us so cannot say on that score. They share the same beach as very near each other.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of these two resorts?

I. Tucan

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of these two resorts?

We just booked the Tucan. Wild animals galore. Kids will love it.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of these two resorts?

When are you going? As I understand the shade availability is very limited at the Playacar Palace, going to be a huge issue in the summer months.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of these two resorts?

Playacar Palace does not have that large of a kids club. But they have a beautiful sand/beach. Close to 5th Ave.

With resort credits, they do offer tours which gives you more options.

Playacar Palace does not offer free shuttle to Moon Palace on a regular basis.

7. Re: Which of these two resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:17