We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,018 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

I ran across a blog about Playa del Carmen and the area which some might find interesting and thought provoking. Of course, in general, much of what is said applies to the entire region. I agree with some parts, disagree with others but I enjoyed reading.

…blogspot.mx/2014/03/the-evil-of-all-inclusi…

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,018 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

¨not sure why you offered this up robert?¨

Because I like reading all from every point of view and enjoy reading everyone´s comments and take on things.It was picked up by several newspapers including one from the area´s largest city, Merida. So to me, good to see comments disputing much about the blog.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,018 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

Just for information, I posted the link to this thread in one of the local newspaper´s comments area. That may give some reading the article a chance to read the good comments here.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, unless I don't agree with it! I'm definitely not an AI person, but even I find much about the blog with which I disagree. PDC has changed much over the years, but I don't think the AI's are largely to blame. It's tourism in general combined with the wonderful locale PDC enjoys, their friendly people, the ferry to Coz, and a town that supports it (tourism). The town is still expanding, condos and businesses are being built continuously. This wouldn't be happening if there wasn't a large demand for staying in town and non-AI.

Thanks for posting the link. I like reading differing opinions - they have a way of reshaping our own.

14. Re: Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 21:05
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

"Maybe if prices outside of AIs didn't verge on gouging, more people would be inclined to ditch an AI."

Posts to the contrary appear here all the time, as PDC lodging and eating establishmentes are actually often recommended as both good and quite affordable.

Steve

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

The blogger obviously doesn't have a grasp of basic economics.

Agree with PlayaMaya that there are and will continue to be great values available in the area.

1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

que bella playa visiten <a href="http://www.notincreible.com">notincreible</a>

18. Re: Playa del Carmen Blog/Interview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2016, 07:15