We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

I understand that November is cooler in temperature, but are "mozzies" still a problem? I am a huge fan of Avon Skin So Soft - Woodland Fresh - works for me and the SAS! - they don't like it - and unlike DEET does not rot your clothes.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

Don't know about November, but we go each year in June/July and they really aren't too much of a problem then. I use organic Bite Block and it works for me. I also avoid hanging out near bushes and walking on the lawns. For some reason, I have decided that's where the bugs are.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

Are you locked into Allegro Playacar? In my opinion they would have to pay me to stay there and then I still wouldn't.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

To each his own, but I really like Allegro. I hear/read the complaints of others, but have either not experienced these problems or they are issues that don't matter to me. I like the room we are given, the food the staff and especially the perfect beach.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 21:53
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
620 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

We have stayed at over 30 different AI's, and the Allegro Playacar this past June. Though it wasn't the best place, it was great for the price. We just booked to go back in November. Mosquitos aren't really a problem. The staff and beach are Awesome!!

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

Me too take it from a fellow Welshman going for our 5th time in October you will have a fab time at the allegro

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

Transfer time from Cancun to Allegro playacar

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

Transfer time is about 45-50 mins non stop

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

As long as the rooms are clean, food is edible and the drink free flowing I will enjoy, The beach is where I spend most of my time. Even if people don't rate the rooms/hotel everyone seems to like the beach!. I like to meet different people from different counties - and whilst I could upgrade to a "better" or more expensive hotel - as I am not locked in - I would have a similar experience. I spend enough time in nice hotels with my work - so all I want to do is relax and get some sun, Waiter service at the beach would be ok - but getting up to go to the poolside bar is no hardship. Message to dbishop 1963 - please do not drink the Allegro dry in October! I am paying very little to stay - so it is value for money - but time will tell. Enjoy everybody.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

Hi Jeremy p my fellow Welshman I'm from Newport I will save you some beer enjoy

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Allegro Playacar - Mosquitos in November?

Yeah, Jeremy. Sounds like a good place for you. There is some beach service, and I think the experience at Allegro really depends a lot on how well you treat the staff and the other guests. I always have a great time, and the staff treats me like I'm pretty special. Also, I have found the guests at Allegro are much more of a mix of nationalities than other resorts I have stayed at, which I really enjoy. I don't go that far to hang out with just other Americans, and it made the World Cup a lot more exciting to watch.

I also spend most of my time at the beach and even as late as noon or one always found at least one lounge chair that was in the shade or conveniently dragged there. I don't think the 'towel wars' are as bad as people say.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 02:14