We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Palace Mexico Question

Burlington Twp, NJ
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Palace Mexico Question

I think we made a mistake, we booked this hotel for the end of august but upon further inspection it, seems that all the rooms have that open concept with the bathroom that I dislike. We are also going with our 14 year old son which is why I think we made a mistake and might have to change it to the Playacar.

For those of you who have stayed here.. are any of the rooms normal rooms with a bathroom that has privacy? Thanks in advance.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Question

Many rooms have a curtain separating the bathroom area from the bed and seating area. Or, you could try to switch to the Riu Palace Riviera Maya which has the traditional room setup. Should be about same price. The Playacar would be quite a bit cheaper.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Question

i think id choose the riu yucatan over the riu playacar too.

but the rprm should be your first alternative as bob notes.

West Townsend...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Question

Its Tuff becouse the RPM is very nice. BUT thinking about and staying in those Riu room / bathrooms is going to be a negitive for your trip. Make a change now. It is dificult for long married couples alone, plus you have a son. The privacy curtain blocks the view from the bed to the tub and wash area only. The wash area is open to the hall door. The toilet room is smaller than a porta potti. A 14 year old son with you, I would go to Sandos.

Newport, Rhode...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Question

just got back last night , if you cant change the room id change hotels.. we loved it great place

if you go to chitenze ea chu dont eat the chicken at the buffett in the jungle .the wife and i got food poisioning for 5 days no joke

5. Re: RIU Palace Mexico Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:16