We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

I was looking at expedia and noticed they added a room "Junior Suite Latam" .. in the description it says " You can relax in front of the fireplace." . I also noticed in the room amenities it now has fireplace listed. I just traveled here last November and I have looked numerous times at expedia since then and I have never noticed that before. Are there rooms available with fireplaces now? I am baffled!

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

I am baffled also...........Why would you want a fireplace, I know I wouldn't use it.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

It's certainly not mentioned on the RPRM page of www.riu.com Any other sites mention it? I can't access Expedia.com, automatically takes me to expedia.ca and they can't sell Rius.

Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

I think it's warm enough year round that a fireplace in a room would never be used.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

Bookit.com also lists this 'new' room. It also says it's ocean or beach view. Weird.

Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

Colette221 hmm very interesting. Maybe ill try to reach management and find out. Ocean or beach view would be great since the other ocean view rooms are jacuzzi suites and are much more expensive

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

Sseeber send the RPRM an email and see what they say palace.rivieramaya@riu.com I'd take a screen pick and send it to them but I can't get access to Expedia or Bookit.com. I had discussions (internet) with the boss of the six Rius a few days ago and should have asked then but we were on another topic. Even if it's an electric fireplace do you really want one when it's blistering hot out? lol

Edited: 04 August 2014, 22:58
Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

If they don't have s'mores to go with it, not interested. Happy with the stars!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

I contacted the hotel directly via email with the screenshot and got a response from Aaron, the front desk manager (sorry to hear that Jose Luis is gone). He told me there is no such room, which is what I thought the response was going to be since I've been there many times and never heard of it. I suggested that they contact Orbitz and bookit.com and have that corrected. You know they are going to get people with that write-up in hand insisting that they paid for a room with a fireplace and ocean or beach view. If I didn't know that hotel and really wanted a fireplace based on that description, I'd be upset.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

Glad to hear it's been clarified. Couldn't find it on Orbitz or Bookit.com but know it was on Expedia.com and Hotel.com earlier. Maybe it's been taken off the latter already.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RIU palace riviera maya -- new..fireplace in room???

I will miss not having a fireplace during the cold winter nights in Playa. lol