We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip-lining

TX
Level Contributor
449 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Zip-lining

Can anyone tell me if you can zip-line in Playa or anywhere in the vicinity- never been to Mexico and this is something we might like to do if it is available.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,588 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip-lining

This one sounds good. If you do it please post a report about it:

http://www.selvatura.com/

TX
Level Contributor
449 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip-lining

I will for sure post.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,588 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip-lining

Oops, use this link instead. The previous one is in Costa Rica.

http://www.selvatura.com.mx/index2.html

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Black Hawk, CO...
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip-lining

CO Pilot

I checked out the Web site. It sure looks impressive. I may have to add it to my "To Do" list for my late Nov. trip!!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zip-lining

We did that tour in April. It was awsome. First you zip line through 2km of jungle, then you ride mountain bikes to a cenote to swim, then you ride the bikes back for a fabulous lunch. While we were on the bikes, hundreds of butterflies were flying with us down the road. It was quite an experience. We highly recommend this tour!

TX
Level Contributor
449 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zip-lining

Thanks Co-Pilot for the site and Alberta Couple for the tips. Anyone else done the zip-line?

TX
Level Contributor
449 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zip-lining

Anyone else?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,588 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zip-lining

TXKID, I have only done one short one. It was fun. I would prefer to do one like Selvatura. Multiple rides with some hopefully much longer than the one I did. The butterflies in the Yucatan are beautiful and unlike any I have seen in the USA.

Mentioned in this post
TX
Level Contributor
449 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zip-lining

Co-pilot, I pulled up Selvatura after you gave me the site. It looks awesome. I think it said it has 24 platforms.

10. Re: Zip-lining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 13:19