We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

Having just watched this helpful video on finding the ADO bus stop at the airport, I have a two questions.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3h5t3a1ois

1. Does this little ADO desk accept US Dollars (cash) for tickets or do I need to find a bank's ATM in the airport to get Pesos?

2. Should I be concerned with theft of bags from under the ADO bus? Should I wait outside the bus until shortly before it departs to keep an eye on my bags? Should I get off the bus in Puerto Morelos briefly just to keep an eye on my bags during the stop? I just don't know what I should expect. It seems these tourist bags would be easy targets for thieves.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,699 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

ADO will accept dollars but, as with most things, it will cost you more since the exchange rate will be bad.

No problem with putting you bags under the bus. I do it often on ADO both on the airport buses and all over the country and never a single problem or concern about theft. As far as ¨tourist bags¨, every bag there will be a tourist bag.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
55 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

My experiences have always been the same as those of RobertSDF. I've never had any problems with placing my bags under the bus! They normally have the price detailed in both pesos and USD when taking the bus from the airport to PDC however there are cashpoints right there if you do feel the need to take out pesos prior to purchasing the tickets.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

The film describes terminal 2. US flights have for years, mostly come in at terminal 3. In which case just go out the door & go to the right. The bus is right there with a booth. All else is the same. Inexpensive, safe comfortable & almost as fast as private transportation. Get the price from the cab driver before you leave for your hotel.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,857 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

Useful pictures here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

I've watched so many videos that I got mixed up. This is the video I was originally referring to that goes out of Terminal 3 and goes right up to the ADO ticket guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTOpmJ3Hrls

But I think I'll just bite the bullet and pick up a few hundred Pesos before flying down so I can just get out of the airport quickly. Thanks all!

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,150 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

I really disliked this video. No need to say "frickin" or call people retards. :(

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,699 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

I agree, MN. Maybe best to avoid these ¨frickin¨ people and retards and just stay home!

up north
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

The bus is only about 10 usd, so getting peso ahead isnt really needed. some banks charge that much in fees for peso. I also am concerned with my luggage containing everything i need for my trip. I do keep an eye on it, but have never had a problem. Stop in PM is either 2 min or not at all. This is a clean, modern, air conditioned bus and the best way to get to PDC

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,699 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

Always a money saver to use pesos when you can but agree you can pay for the bus in dollars and get the pesos later. Once in Playa, you will find bank ATM´s inside the terminal and another in the bank across the street. I don´t worry about the safety of my luggage on ADO---I would worry back home in the USA on Greyhound.

Chicago
Level Contributor
679 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ADO Bus from CUN Airport to PDC

Yeah its kinda confusing finding the bus and dont even bother asking for help because nobody will tell you they will try to sell you a ride or some guys walk around with ADO signs and basically double or triple the fee and try to sell you tickets. When you depart the terminal go to your right nad keep going past departures through a gate or two and at the very end is the bus ticket office. You want to walk towards that large corona bottle.

Dont worry about your bags, you dont put them in the bus until you are literally about to depart. There generally arent stops along the way though its possible to have one or two. Once you get off the bus look for your bag but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.