We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Vacations question

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,941 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest Vacations question

We booked our air only a few months ago with Southwest. . Now Southwest Vacations has some great pkg deals with our same flight. I've tried calling SW repeatedly, usually get put on hold and give up. I was able to talk to someone yesterday, but was told I pretty much have to add hotel only, which is a few hundred more than the pkg price. I could also cancel my flight and rebook the pkg, but can't use the flight credit towards it. It has to be used on a flight only. Then I'm stuck with a flight credit I have to use up before April.

My question is, did anyone else run in to this, and did you find a way to add hotel and get the same pkg price?

Maybe I'm asking too much.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,136 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Vacations question

Zsa Zsa,

Good luck with your quest; Southwest does have a good and very liberal flight cancelation policy, but they also DO NOT allow you to then combine your flight credit with Southwest Vacations as they operate them as two separate departments. You can use, give or share your flight credits with anyone else you want, so maybe you can give them to a family member as a birthday or Christmas gift, if you know they are traveling soon??

Se diviertan!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,941 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Vacations question

I have the Wanna Getaway fares, so they say they are non-transferable. We just found a killer deal for Valentin, and wanted to try it out. This won't be the end of the world, we have a hotel booked in town, but we get excited about good deals!

I was hoping someone would say they were able to do hotel only as an add on at a price match to the pkg deal, or something to that affect. The rep on the phone said he could match, but was $400 more. He was a little clueless, too.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Vacations question

I can't help you but, do you mind if I ask what month the deal for the Valentin is for and the approximate cost?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,941 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest Vacations question

Our dates are Aug 30-Sept 6th. The pkg price on SW Vacations, with non stop air out of Milwaukee is only $2197 total for two! I feel that is a great deal. The Royal is about $2400. I'm finding those price per person in Feb for friends.

They also have a promo code that saves some -ALLDEST120.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest Vacations question

Thanks ZsaZsa,

We plan to return in May but, I don't think the air portion will be available to around Nov.

Darlene

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,737 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest Vacations question

Cheaptickets.com with TRAVEL promo code is $1852.

Room:

Deluxe Junior Suite with Private Balcony 516 Sq.Ft - 2 double beds or 1 king bed

INCL. MEALS,DRINKS,ACTIVITIES, TAX & TIPS

Priceline and Booking.com may be cheaper.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 01:48
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,941 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest Vacations question

I'm going to need hotel only at about the $1500 range to match the pkg deal given we paid about $330pp for our air. We will probably cancel the flight and rebook the pkg. Hubbt travels a lot for work and can hopefully use up the air credit. OR we just stick with what we have planned - staying in town. I love staying in town, but the Valentin intrigues me about as much as scoring a great deal!

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest Vacations question

ZsaZsa, if you go get a chance to try the VIM I know you will like it. Compared to the Club Med Ixtapa that we were at, the service is just as good and so is the food and drinks. The beach kicks Ixtapa's buttt.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Southwest Vacations question

ZsaZsa, those are the same days I'm coming and leaving (on SWA) too!

It's nice to have a lower cost carrier cover Cancun now, and not have to pay for bags either.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,941 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Southwest Vacations question

Justin, where are you staying?

We always liked AirTran, and glad that SW is taking those flights and prices. Free luggage is a nice bonus, but I miss upgrading to business like on AirTran.