We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
328 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

My friend and I are planning a girlfriends trip to either Punta Cana or Mexico in either February or March..I already posted on PC forum. I am 62, she is 55 ..young at heart! Looking for an adults all inclusive that is not couples or honeymooners. We like great drinks, good food and a good beach. We do not need to go off the resort for entertainment. We have both been to Mexico a few times, so we are not hooked on one particular area. Any recommendations? Thanks so much in advance!

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

Catalonia royal Tulum. We went for my girls 40thday trip. Great beach. Food. Not coupley that we felt weird. It's a must go

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,699 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

AI resorts will attract many more couples than singles

Perhaps try an adult B&B / Condo / Boutique hotel in Playa

Then enjoy going out and exploring all the different bars, nightclubs, restaurants

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

Playacar Palace is not adults only, but mostly adults. Beach is great and close to 5th ave. Not too large of a hotel, but large enough for enough variety of food. On site spa is new and wonderful and you get $300 spa credits when you stay 7 nights. Wine tasting, chef's dinner make it enough variety to spend the whole week there and not leave the resort.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,387 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

You may want to look at the Royal Suites Yucatan section of the Grand Palladium. (Akumal forum) There is also a Palladium Royal suites Turquesa in Punta Cana. The Royal area is an intimate section of this complex tucked away with private lobby and premium drinks, private pool with wait service, gourmet restaurant, private beach with Bali beds and wait service. The Royal guests have the best of both worlds while having the feel of being in a small VIP area they have access to all areas of the complex which includes unlimited a la carts at 9 other restaurants, all beaches, pools. There is live music in some lobbies in the evenings and an enclosed piano bar with premium drinks. I have been to the Royal as a single with friends and never felt out of place. The staff are outstanding and make you feel very welcome.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

I do agree Vancouver to do boutique but I was ansering AI

If you do boutique, like playa maya or playa palms, you get great stretches of beach with no towel games, amazing nightlife and restaurants at your fingertips....like staying in Times Square NYC. Why would you ever do all inclusive there ?? Same as playa.

Eithr way, hsvd fun!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

Look at the Riu Palace Mexico. Good food and beach. Lots of food options at night. Only a 25 minute walk or 70 pesos taxi into 5th avenue. Punta Cana has great beach but no town or anywhere to go at night.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

A 2nd vote for Catalonia Royal Tulum... adults and couples of all ages, good food and drinks with plenty of ala carte dining options and a buffet, lobby bar, evening entertainment, air condition gym and spa and one of the best beaches in the area; located in XpuHa a somewhat remote location south of downtown Playa, you can walk the beach almost a mile in either direction with no other hotels and snorkel right off the beach.

http://www.cataloniaroyaltulum.com

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,217 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

How far is the Catalonia Tulum from Playa del Carmen?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,699 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: recommendations for all inclusive best friends trip

CRT is just south of Puerto Aventuras

About 20 minutes south of Playa

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,499 posts