We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

First let me say: No weird swinger stuff or other creepy people. We aren't into that.

My hubby and I will be in Playa from January 10th to January 18th 2015. We are staying on 5th Ave right near the action. We are fine traveling alone but we thought it would be fun to have some friends to hang out with to do some excursions, bar hopping and restaurants. For a couple with no children we have a really hard time getting our friends to join us on vacations. They either can't leave their kids or can't afford to go!! So, we thought we would try and meet some like-minded people to hang with. If anybody can recommend a place for 30 somethings to possibly meet some cool people, we welcome your advice. Thanks :)

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

We have the same problem.

We are heading to Cancun from January

16th-25th, and I've asked just about everyone I know if they want to go. Same excuses.

I'll be 53 by our trip and my wife is 47. We can sit at the pool and drink all day, or go off resort. We are planning to go to Isla Mujeres for a day. Rent a golf cart and explore the island.

We've done day trips to Cozumel a couple of times, and had fun.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,350 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

We've met a lot of our dear friends off of this site and thru our travels. I would suggest maybe just posting your dates and hotel. That way when you get there, you may have people from here to meet up with. Don't be afraid to just start talking to people at the pool or swim up bar. You will be surprised how many friends you can make.

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

ZsaZsa,

Every trip to Mexico I make friends, and was hoping the folks from Canada I met on the Feb 2013 trip would message me here in TA. Never did, but I did hang out with them at the pool. We left the same day too, and I chatted with them while waiting for our private transportation.

We met a nice couple in January 2012 in PDC at the Paradisus La Perla. I have stayed in contact with them, and we've tried to make plans together, but it hasn't happened. Probably doesn't help that the guy unfriended me on facebook because we don't agree on politics. He's hard right, and I lean a bit left, which means we agree on very little if anything.

I've asked friends, and a cousin, but they never seem to have any money.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 15:21
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

I'm happy to hear it's not just us! We were starting to wonder why we couldn't get anybody to go. I realize we have different priorities than our friends and we try not to take it personal. We aren't shy people so i'm sure we will end up meeting people there. I hope you have a great trip!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

Good idea Zsa Zsa, how early should i post? Maybe a month or so before our trip?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

We are in the opposite situation. Always traveled with friends since we started going every year. Last year no one could go so hubby and I went to Huatulco alone and found we really enjoyed it! No one else to plan around, worry about or set times to meet up. We enjoy traveling with friends dont get me wrong, but to have that additioal freedom was nice. This August trip will be our second alone and I am sure it will be great!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

Trucker13

Where are you two staying? We should try and meet up for a beer since our trips overlap. We fly out the afternoon of the 18th.

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

MistyLou76,

We will be staying at the Paradisus Cancun. We loved it there last year. Rare that my wife will stay at the same place twice.

9. Re: ISO fun couples to hang with in Playa Jan 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16