We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Maroma Beach vs Excellence Riviera Cancun

Boston...
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Maroma Beach vs Excellence Riviera Cancun

I'm trying to decide between these two resorts. Can anyone please offer some pros and cons on either? Thank you

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach vs Excellence Riviera Cancun

Secrets Maroma has a much much nicer beach. It's also a lot more expensive typically.

Most of the other differences will come down to personal opinion but those two are facts.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach vs Excellence Riviera Cancun

Haven't been to excellence but Maroma was very nice. As mentioned, the beach is spectacular as is the service. Their prices have gone up considerably as of late due to being at capacity virtually all of the time which is something to consider. (Both the price and the fact that they will likely be at/near capacity) Don't let that steer you away from Maroma as I'd go back in a heartbeat but it is worth considering. If you have any specific questions about Maroma feel free to ask here or PM me, I've been there a few times now.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach vs Excellence Riviera Cancun

We have done both resorts multiple times and I would say that Secrets Maroma Beach is the best option. The beach is amazing at Maroma Beach. The beach at ERC, while very pretty is somewhat treacherous in that there are rocks and coral making it difficult to just walk out.

We had a rooftop terrace at ERC and renewed our vows so ERC is a special place for us and we had a blast.

SMB just has some perks that are a personal preference. A lot of private beach beds (additional cost) and the beach bar with swings is a fun place to hang out. The food is comparable at either but is a matter of comfort.

If you go to Secrets MB, hit the beach bar and ask for an AMF! Good times!

Cheers

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach vs Excellence Riviera Cancun

You two look like you would be fun to party with.

Any trips in the near future?

5. Re: Secrets Maroma Beach vs Excellence Riviera Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16