We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

Hi

Could someone please confirm how much in Pesetas it will cost either to enter or depart at the airport - I think I've read that it will cost £50.00 per person (approx. 900 pesetas)

My other question is regarding the Thomson Dreamliner flight - do you get one hot meal and then later a cold snack type meal or do you just get the one meal ? Just wondering what we need to buy at Manchester airport.

27 more sleeps so on the count down now ...... whoop !

Thanks in advance.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

I believe the departure tax is 800 pesos and when we flew with Thomson last year we were served a hot meal and then an afternoon tea of a sandwich, a scone with cream and jam with a tea or coffee.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

Thank you Nikki ...... just having a chuckle at reading my post again ..... Pesetas! I must be loosing the plot and need this holiday more than I thought ....... lol !!!

Do we pay the departure tax in cash or can we use a credit card ?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

Cash only. Although if you run out of cash and put on a miserable face they may find a way of accepting a credit card :))

Livingston, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

They are quoting 900 pesos but it's usually cheaper but I'd definitely take the 900 to be on the safe side.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

Pesetas ? What is this Spain before the Euro ?

Just kidding Halifaxers :)

As of July 2014, deparure tax on charter flights from UK was / is 780 PESOS , payable in cash regardless of age.

I'd separate that amount and "sock" it away in hotel safe so you have peace of mind.

Have a wonderful and safe trip :)

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

You're all STARS! Thanks so much for your replies, it's very much appreciated.

7. Re: A couple of questions please from UK travellers to Cancun!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16