We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lounge Chair Rental at the Sunset Princess, Playa del Carmen

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lounge Chair Rental at the Sunset Princess, Playa del Carmen

I am referencing the following post which has since closed and wanted to make a comment:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k481840…

We were at this resort this past February 2014 and it it true that there are "some" lounge chairs right on the beach and just past the roped off area that are for rent. I was one of those that cut a deal with a vendor for about $95 for the chair rental for the week.

I had mixed feelings about it, on the one hand I understand the arguments against paying for a lounge chair at an all inclusive resort, but on the other hand it was awfully nice to be able to go down to the beach any time of day and your chair, umbrella and table were there waiting for you. This resort is big and it wasn't as practical to go down to the beach and "save" a couple of chairs like everyone did when we were in Punta Cana the year before.

One word of warning though, if you do decide to pay for one of these chairs MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR A RECEIPT AND SAVE IT! We had some trouble when we lost our receipt and had to go through the mental gymnastics of explaining to the vendor that we had already paid for the week. To their credit, they did honor our payment even though we were unable to show our receipt after the first day.

One more thing, don't get too hung up about the lounge chair rental, there are only a small number of them, but hundreds of free chairs. We loved this resort and wouldn't hesitate going back. The entertainment was better than Punta Cana and there was always something to do. The Internet is NOT all over the resort, it's just in the lobby unless you have a Platinum Suite where I believe it is also included. The Grand Bahia Principe in the Dominican charged for Internet, but it was everywhere on the resort including the beach. This is one thing I liked better in the DR.

1. Re: Lounge Chair Rental at the Sunset Princess, Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 07:15