We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

There is a great rate for a package to the Cancun area, to Secrets Capri Riviera, for the weekend we have planned for our annual girls' trip. We stayed at RPLA in Cancun last year, and would like to go there again, somewhere similar (or better). We don't need much nightlife, although great drinks are nice. We like to get up early, spend the day in the sun, have a few drinks and a good dinner, then turn in early. Our trip is about spending time with our friends, and having a warm vacation and taking a little time away from our everyday life of running kids around.

Newmarket, ON...
Level Contributor
380 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

amtw:

Secrets certainly is known for it's 'couples' ambience but when we were their in July for our 20th anniversary, we met many friends travelling together. They had chosen Secrets because it offered what you are looking for and does it extremely well.

The atmosphere is exquisite and you'll be able to enjoy long and relaxing meals at truly wonderful restaurants. We chose to always eat early (at restaurant opening time) like we do at home and Alwats had our choice of the best tables ... oceanfront, private balcony over the pool, the tappenaki grill.

Enjoy!!

Bob

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

After reading your requirements I would have to say, yes! By all means book at Secrets, it will be perfect for you.

3. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2006, 05:03
Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

since you love posting reviews

Secrets Capri was simply the best adults only, all-inclusive get-away! We traveled as five women celebrating the big 4-0 and the trip was more rewarding for each of us than we could have imagined. Service was impeccable and the food, delicious! Our staff waited on us hand and foot and there was always an activity if you wanted to do something with a larger group of people. Or, if not, there was the quieter side of the pool or the lovely beach with many many lounge chairs and hammocks for use at any time day or night. The evening entertainment was great, especially the Classic Rock night - don't miss it! Our concierge took good care of us and the rooms were clean, nicely appointed and of good size. The cocktails were flowing and the bar staff was welcoming and anxious to serve any time, day or night. There were always tastey snacks at your disposal any time and the beach service was tremendous! If you want a city in the Yucatan, this is not the place, for Secrets Capri has only about 280 rooms and that means great service! The spa was beautiful and for a resort, their gym was top notch! I measure the amount I like a place by asking if I would ever go back again and the answer for Secrets Capri is YES! Next year I plan to start an annual mom's away weekend at this very resort!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

Wow, did my question inspire very mixed reviews!!! Thank you all for your opinions and replies. I think I need to do some more research.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

Now I get it! I just did a little research on the above posters, and I now know who I should listen to! ;) Thanks!!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

amtw--- my wife and I were just there and I can truly say I actually felt numb by the end of the week, I have never been so relaxed in my entire life!! There is plenty of space at the resort for those who truly want privacy yet it can be very active, its really all about you!!

There were a few groups of girlfriends there when we were and I must say they appeared to be having a great time!

The resort is very secluded unlike the downtown atmosphere you experienced in Cancun at RPLA yet it is dangerously close to party central (Playa) if you feel the urge.

Best of luck with your decision.

How was RPLA, my wife and I are considering taking my stepdaughter and her husband there for their first Anniversary in May?

Cobalt

8. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2006, 20:18
Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

Cobalt, Thank you for your input. We really enjoyed the RPLA! It is a beautiful place! My girlfriends definitely want to go there again, I just always like to look at all our options, and sometimes try different places.

Actran, Thanks for the bit regarding Rudolpho. I realized how he was, after looking back at some of his previous posts.

10. Re: Secrets Capri Riviera - Couples or ok for girls' trip

Removed on: 07 September 2006, 23:14