We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non Smoking

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Uzes, France
Level Contributor
25 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Non Smoking

I have a real problem. Mt wife has an asthmatic allergy to tobacco smoke. We have to find non smoking rooms or she will be ill. I have asked several hotels in Playa if they are non smoking. LUNATA said that all their rooms are non smoking BUT that smokers often used them anyway and while they cleaned their rooms they could give no guarantees.!!! We live in France where from Jan next year we follow italy and Spain in a total ban. I think we may not find it so easy in mexico

Does anyone know of somewhere, not too expensive where we could find a non smoking room for a couple of nights in Jan Playa or Tulum will both work as we get in to cancun at 5 pm.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non Smoking

Hi Timothy. Although I don't have room suggestions (have not been to Mexico yet) I am aware that most condos & hotels in Mexico have tiled floors and hard surfaces instead of carpeting. It is not an excuse for the people who smoke in the rooms, but at least they can be wiped clean. Could you also carry with some Febreeze to spray the bedding and the draperies? Good luck.

2. Re: Non Smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 19:20