If you are in the know and can answer any of my questions I will be most grateful. Thanks in advance.
1. Our reservations are for royal junior suite ocean view 1st week in Sept., what are the chances of upgrading once we arrive to OF?
2. I am a beach person but deferred to my husband as he wanted to be right in town and enjoy all the activities. Please tell me I won't be super disappointed in the beach. As long as the water is pretty and the sand is white and it's not smelly like some trip reports I've read I think it will be ok. Going with an open mind. Any day is a good day when you're on the beach instead of the office right?
3. Looking to go to Xel-Ha or Xcaret, anyone have a preference? Hoping to float around on tubes through caverns, snorkel, etc. Also we did take advice from the board and purchased biodegradable sunscreen.
4. Will be renting a car for the day to drive to Akumal and hoping to be lucky enough to snorkel with turtles. Has anyone done this? Tips/Suggestions? Have been to Yal-Ku Lagoon and Tulum but may do those again as well. Also took advice from board and ordered Map Chick maps of PDC area to help with our self guided sightseeing tour. Any advice on car rentals and other locations to see pretty beaches or good snorkeling locations.
5. Does The Royal do any parties/BBQ's on the beach? Or is beach too small/public for this.
And finally #6 How hard/difficult is it to reserve beach bed? I love the sun but have had surgery for melanoma and can't stay in the sun all day without some type of shade. I noticed there are no palapas on the beach so am a little concerned with finding some shade. This is a big one so any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys! Looking forward to your advice/suggestions.