We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Yucatan

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boro
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Yucatan

Hi. we have just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive at the Riu Yucatan and we can highly recommend the hotel and the service. The food was good and all the staff were friendly and always greeted you, whether they were cleaners, bar workers, waiters etc. The entertainment team were the best and most hard working I have seen, plenty of activities and they were non stop. we went into Playa del Carmen a couple of times and enjoyed strolling down 5th Ave, went for a meal at Snr Frogs one night which was nice, Went to the Dolphin swim at xcaret which everyone enjoyed but the highlight for me was the Captain Hook pirate ship. it was superb. Any questions about Riu Yucatan, let me know???

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Yucatan

Thanks for the positive review, I'm going there in late Jan for 11 nights next year and was starting to get a little worried about some of the more negative reviews compared to other resorts recently!

I don't have any questions at the moment but I'm sure I'll think of some nearer the time, so will be back in touch :)

Newcastle upon...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Yucatan

What was the weather like? Everything I've looked at says storms?

We are staying at the Riu Playacar which I think is your sister hotel?

Boro
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Yucatan

over the whole 2 weeks, we only had rain twice, which was the last 2 days, it was a very heavy downpour but only lasted a few minutes each of the days, apart from that it was red hot sunshine the whole time......enjoy!!!!

LLANELLI
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Yucatan

Me and my wife be at the Yucatan from the 2nd of Feb for ten nights. So glad you enjoyed the place looks amazing! What dates you going dammitjane0161? Lovely might see you there and have a beer !

Langley, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Yucatan

Hi, my Boyfriend, my 16 yr old daughter, and myself are planning to stay here in November, to celebrate my boyfriends 5 year CANCER FREE!!! I'm wondering about the rooms, Is there a pullout couch, where my daughter can sleep. We've never been there before, so I'm not sure about sleeping arrangements.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,480 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Yucatan

Dena.. just looking at their website.. it would be obvious to me that if you book correctly( two adults one 16 yr old) they will likely assign you the rooms with the two double beds as opposed to the one king.. lol If you are booking this yourself you should double check,, if you are going through a TA ask her what she booked.

There are likely higher catergories that offer other choices too, I just looked at best available price.

PS congrats to your boyfriend.

Langley, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Yucatan

Thank You tons for your information.

Cheers Dena

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Yucatan

Staying here in 2 weeks so glad to hear!

How long was your transfer from the airport?

Macomb, Michigan
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Yucatan

Transfer is 45-60 min depending on time of day and if there are other resorts you have to drop people off at.

My suggestion is get a cold drink, sit back and relax! You are now on vacation.

Ontario
Level Contributor
277 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Yucatan

The funny thing about the Riu's is that when you get 2 double beds, they are basically together. Its like one big family bed....very stange. The only thing that seperates is that you have 2 seperate sheet sets..they are THAT close!