We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going this weekend/next week

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Going this weekend/next week

I see lots of weather related posts, and many people canceling their trip due to the possible disturbance coming thru Sunday/Monday.

I'm just wondering if canceling is a bit extreme, or is that something I should be considering?

We're booked to be there Saturday for 9 nights. I can't imagine more than a few days being affected by the weather, but to be honest all of these posts have me terrified of a soggy trip.

Thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,177 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going this weekend/next week

Personally, cancellation never even popped in my head. We travel a lot, so I guess it's just something that comes with the territory. We've had week long, rain every day, trips-yet we don't consider them bad trips.

However, I can understand if it is a one time, trip of a lifetime. Even so, you cancel and rebook. What if it looks like rain then? And it will. It's a tropical destination and rain is usually in the forecast every day. Doesn't mean it will actually rain, tho.

Yes, this coming week does look a bit gloomy. Sure would be a shame if you cancelled and it turned out to be a great weather week. It's always going to be a gamble when weather is concerned.

You have to do what makes you comfortable. We are comfortable going knowing it might rain.

Level Contributor
10 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going this weekend/next week

If it rains....dance in it!!!!

Level Contributor
10 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going this weekend/next week

If it rains....dance in it!!!!

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going this weekend/next week

Im thinking about r/s

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,437 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going this weekend/next week

Part of the summer season

You may get a storm

This one is very disorganized and moving quickly so it should "blow' through quickly

I would not change any plans

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going this weekend/next week

We aren't canceling, just wanted to get others opinions.

Honestly rain on vacation is better than sunny at work, to me anyways.

Thanks! :)

7. Re: Going this weekend/next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:17