We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online booking company

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Online booking company

Looking at booking a trip to Iberostar Quetzel package with flight included. Has anyone ever used an online booking company to book their trip and would they recommend doing so again? Or is it better to book them separately? Any recommendations on which company? Also would you recommend me adding the excursions such as Xel Ha to the trip or booking them separately?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online booking company

Do your homework and you'll probably save some money. First look at the hotel site and see what they are charging for a baseline. Then visit the airline sites. Play around with dates as they vary from day to day. Then have a look at the packagers, Apple or whoever carries Iberostar. Then visit as many websites as you possibly can to see what comes up. Expedia, Cheap Caribbean, Orbitz, Book it, etc. Try hotel only, air plus hotel.

Do a Google search for savings codes. Always worthwhile to try.

And yes, you can safely book on line, All the companies have operators you can call if you have questions.

Happy hunting for that deal.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online booking company

Try AppleVacations, I've been using them for >10 years (2-3 times a year). Competitive pricing, including flights. Most of the flights are non-stop charters depending on the airport. From STL our flight takes just around 2.75 hours. We are in resort before 1045,

ohio
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online booking company

I use either Apple Vacations or Funjet Vacations. I have tried pricing it out separately, but can't seem to save any money that way. I do my research online, but I book on the phone directly with a rep. Apple and Funjet do not charge for booking on the phone with them. I do get trip insurence unless I book within 2 weeks of travel. I do not use a travel agent. We book our transportation threw USA transfers ahead of time, paying after we arrive at the resort. Our tours are booked the day before we want to go just in case we change our mind on what day we want to go. I have my best tours with Apple Vacations, they give me what I pay for.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online booking company

Orbitz.com and Bookit.com look pretty good for prices

5. Re: Online booking company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:15