We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

Burlington...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

I am here for the next few days. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

Hi Hinhello

I have a few questions. did you do family concierge? if so what toiletries do they provide?

what foods items are musts? any must try restaurants? We prob wont be able to go to passion or fuego since the 1.5 toddler will prob not stay in the kids club...

Edited: 31 August 2014, 20:42
Burlington...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

We did book with the Family Concierge services and our concierge is awesome. They gave the kids a backpack with a t-shirt and a hat each. They also gave the kids toothbrushes, toothpaste, lotion, baby soap, and sunscreen. So far we have really enjoyed all of our meals. There are lots of options and everyone goes out of their way to accommodate any special requests. The baby club has a lock on the inside now and feels more secure than the last time we were here a couple of years ago. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Glassboro, NJ
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

Hi!

So glad to hear you're enjoying your stay and the FC.

What type of beer do they serve at the bars?

Has the renovation of Hydro Gill begun?

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

yeah i would like to know about the renovation too, did they relocate the hydrogrill for now?

Also are there a lot of bugs? should I bring bug spray for the kids? or ok without?

whats your favorite drink there?

how is the room service menu if you ordered room service?

did you go to the buffet? if so, how did you like it?

any must try sushi rolls at Bana?

also how is the milk, my kid only drinks milk all day, barely eats anything, not sure if you have asked for it but if so, did your kids like it? What does the kids menu have as far as choices, do your kids like it?

sorry for all the questions! hope you are having a great time!

Glassboro, NJ
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

Good questions, Versace!

Burlington...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

We brought our own bug spray, but our Family Concierge also gave us a small bottle. So far we haven't had any issues with bugs or Mosquitos yet.

Our kids drink organic whole milk at home and they haven't complained about the milk here yet. They are drinking chocolate milk and regular milk all day.

The kids menu has the typical chicken nuggets, sandwiches and pasta options. We have requested off menu items for our kids and they were happy to make them for us. They are very accommodating with different food requests. The room derive is prompt, but we haven't ordered much yet from them. The buffet is good, and all the restaurants are great so far.

They were putting up a wall by the family concierge pool and the building today and everything is shut down in that area. The first day we came, they told us that they have a small snack bar set up around the corner for FC guests. However, we haven't really seen anyone there for the past two days. Most guests tend to hang out by the main pool area. If we didn't have a swim out room right now, this would have been an issue for us.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

Thanks hinhello!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

Is the renovation work very noisy/ inconvenient? I was wondering how much disruption it is causing to the resort?

Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

Enjoy - we just returned from La Perla on Saturday. It was great!!!

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Paradisus La Esmeralda

Has your concierge gone above and beyond? If so, what have they done to make your stay extra special? We can't wait to be down there from Spring Break. Thanks for sharing.