We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMR - which currency and travel plug/adapter to take (UK)

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
OMR - which currency and travel plug/adapter to take (UK)

Hi, this is probably posted on here a million times and I've missed it, but can someone please confirm the best currency to take and what travel plug/adapter do I need to take? Thanks! 12 days and counting - can't wait!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OMR - which currency and travel plug/adapter to take (UK)

I would take PESO's as its the local currency. Order from www.travelex.co.uk and arrange to pick up at the airport. Good rates.

If you cant do that, get from the bank, travel agents or the post office.

You will need a US style plug adaptor (2 Flat Pins) which you can get from Asda, Wilko, Poundland etc. Should only cost a few pounds.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,041 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OMR - which currency and travel plug/adapter to take (UK)

Ditto to what MiDziE said but with respect to the plug adaptor, remember that the VOLTAGE is different in Mexico too (110-120v verus 220-240v in the UK).

Electronics such as cameras, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, etc. are all dual voltage, so no worries there but older style GHDs or other hair styling tools may not be. This means that they may not work at all or may take forever to heat up or may never get hot enough to be effective.

Hotel rooms the world over never seem to have enough conveniently located outlets, so I always travel with my own multi-outlet extension cord that has an inbuilt surge protector as well. By keeping my various devices all plugged in at one spot, it's less likely that I'll forget anything (or any charger cords) when it's time to come home.

3. Re: OMR - which currency and travel plug/adapter to take (UK)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 06:16