We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntley, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Current weather

Looking to book a vacation mid September and and the 10 day forecast shows rain rain rain. Is the rain all day or does it come and go? I'd like to hear from someone that is in Playa or who just got back. The forecast has shown 50, 80 & 100% rain each day.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,002 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather

weather today will mean NOTHING in 2 weeks so don't use this as an indicator / forecast tool

See this thread for some more info (lots of similar posts out there)

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g4053317-i28448-k77…

Bryans Road
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather

No rain issues in Aruba! Lot's of folks do go to RM this time of year. Normally, rains are short duration, but you never know.

Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather

Gracieliee just got back and was in your position before her trip. Happy during her trip, though. Her thread is here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k77554…

I did a quick summary on what is (still) the last post there. :-)

Huntley, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather

Thank you for your post. We will keep an eye on it. Have not booked yet. Keeping options open.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather

Ray60142: Mid Sept is the very height of the hurricane/storm season, not only for Playa and the Riviera Maya but for the entire Caribbean. Generally that means rain and lots of it. That being said this storm season has been one of the quietest and driest we have seen in 10 years living here. It has been sunny and hot for several weeks with only a day or two of real rain. Looking ahead there are no storms currently predicted for the Caribbean at this time. Such predictions generally look 5-10 days ahead. Of course weather down here can change unexpectedly so travel insurance during the storm season is ALWAYS recommended. But as for right now and the foreseeable future, it is beautiful .

Tony & Cheri

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather

We will be at the VIM in two and a half weeks, rain or shine. In our 34 other Mexican trips we have only had one full rain out day with most other precipitation events lasting only an hour or so during the afternoon or at night. I won't let a rain storm ruin my time at the swim up bar unless there lightning. If we do get an extended rain event, I intend to get my drunk on at one of the covered bars. Do you hear me, Don Julio?

Edited: 03 September 2014, 14:45
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,002 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather

As mentioned in the other post, some tropical waves are forming so there will be some more rain than usual

Nice sunny day today

https:/…akumal-beach-webcam

Edited: 03 September 2014, 15:30
8. Re: Current weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 06:15