We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone booked through GWV Travel?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone booked through GWV Travel?

We booked with GWV @ $1150 per person a few months ago, today it is $799 per person. We were told there was nothing they could do. Any suggestions? We are leaving in a week.

Thanks

USA
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone booked through GWV Travel?

I have booked with GWV and had no problems.

It is quite common Travel Companies to have " Last Minute" Specials.It's like Walmart's season clearance sale. You can't take your stuff back and buy it at the sale price.

Unity, Maine
Level Contributor
833 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone booked through GWV Travel?

What a bummer. All the charter companies do this, however; lower the prices as it gets lower. They'd rather fill the plane with people who pay less, than no one. We've often taken advantage of this and booked 3-5 weeks out to get the best price. Did you purchase the insurance and could cancel, then rebook? Otherwise, I really like GWV; we've used them 4-5 times. They tend to stick with the scheduled departure times, which I like much better than the other Boston charter company (they are always delaying flights, and often have weird departure times). If you get offered an upgrade to first class (we got called 2 nights before our flight a few years ago and were offered an upgrade for 1/2 price) - do it; the meal and increased leg room were well worth it.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,376 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone booked through GWV Travel?

I have used GWV out of Boston with no problems. Unfortunately

there's not much you can do about the price difference. Some companies offer travel insurance to protect against this but most do not.

Just go and have a great trip.

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone booked through GWV Travel?

They dropped the price again today! For 2 people we would save $780.00. Yes, we do have insurance but the way they explained it to us by the time we cancelled and re-booked it would not be worth it. However, I did write a letter and hope that we get a voucher of some sorts for so much off another trip.

5. Re: Anyone booked through GWV Travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 16:18